Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

So did anybody go to opening day? What was the crowd like? Anybody going this weekend?
I am going Wednesday, will be there when the park opens and rush to Mako, then later on use the quick queue ticket.

So did anybody go to opening day? What was the crowd like? Anybody going this weekend?
I am going Wednesday, will be there when the park opens and rush to Mako, then later on use the quick queue ticket.

I didn't go but I saw this.
Got pretty ridiculous. Today is pretty bad too. Wednesday should be much better, probably around 45 minutes wait at the worst.

Went yesterday. Got to mako around 4ish and it was a posted 50 min wait. They held us in the theater for 15 or so mins. Then let us out into the line where is was 30 min wait I would guess. Rode again around 7.40 and it was posted 30 but was only 20.

I loved the coaster!!! Got back 2 rows on our rides. I love airtime machines and I am just so thrilled to have this here in orlando.

I got to ride this yesterday too. I paid for the Quick Queue and was on in..however long it took me to get to the top of the stairs. No one else in line. So if you're in a bit of a time crunch, definitely the way to go.

So I don't know if i'm getting old or not but I was sitting on the outside and I just felt SO free in that restraint, almost bordering on unsafe. I was like wow, if this gives out, I'm a goner. Which is true on a lot of coasters but I don't know why this one had me questioning my mortality unlike others. :lol:

The ride is GREAT though and it's just stomach-churning airtime after airtime. Definitely will be one of the most re-rideable coasters in Orlando (as soon as the waits start to drop).

Randomly my favorite part is the SCORE. It's incredible! Between this and Kong, I love that theme park attractions are taking the score as seriously as any other element. Was the audio onboard or on speakers on the lift hill? I couldn't tell.

Wow ... truly amazing coaster, for 3/4ths of the ride I was not even in my seat. I think the slightly shorter train helps a lot. For some reason Mako did not actually open until about 9h45, not sure if this was normal or if there was a technical issue causing a delay. Waited about 30 minutes the first time, then used my quick queue for a second ride. I think they try and keep people in the theater as long as possible and use less of the outside queue, which is smart because the fans don't do much. Also, I asked for the front row, but was told they don't allow requests for it, hope this is just because it is new. Instead I wrote it twice on the backrow, left seat.

Luckily it is a capacity monster! Its big brother Nitro up at SFGAdv in NJ consistently is the highest throughput of any coaster in the Six Flags chain, beating out the coasters at SFMM that operate year round. The restraints make for fast and easy loading and unloading.

Luckily it is a capacity monster! Its big brother Nitro up at SFGAdv in NJ consistently is the highest throughput of any coaster in the Six Flags chain, beating out the coasters at SFMM that operate year round. The restraints make for fast and easy loading and unloading.
I noticed this yesterday, they really load fast.

Does anyone know why they don't allow you to wait for the front row?

It actually helps keep the line moving, even if almost imperceptibly so, and just makes it easier to keep track of everything, operationally. Instead of having a group of two or 3 every other dispatch in the front row and not knowing if the empty seat is filled or not (easier to just call for a single rider after you have grouped all the rows if you have time to than for every odd group in a situation like this), you know you have full rows for each dispatch. Once demand dies down and they're not as concerned I'm sure you'll be able to wait for the front. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying them pushing to hit their intervals.

It actually helps keep the line moving, even if almost imperceptibly so, and just makes it easier to keep track of everything, operationally. Instead of having a group of two or 3 every other dispatch in the front row and not knowing if the empty seat is filled or not (easier to just call for a single rider after you have grouped all the rows if you have time to than for every odd group in a situation like this), you know you have full rows for each dispatch. Once demand dies down and they're not as concerned I'm sure you'll be able to wait for the front. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying them pushing to hit their intervals.
Thanks. I'd love to experience the front because the view has to be amazing. Last row probably is the best though, absolutely loved it.