Man Injured On Harry Potter Roller Coaster | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Man Injured On Harry Potter Roller Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I must admit, this is what came to my mind when I first saw that it had happened again. If so, it's going to be a tricky one for Universal to resolve... If they have decently strong reason to believe this is what is happening, surely they can't allow them to duel again while the risk is still there... Perhaps they could take a look at the CCTV from around the time of each incident and see if anything shows up seeing as they were both reported? Although there aren't cameras throughout the course surely anyone preparing something like this would be busy with it by the top of the lift, where there is a camera?

i hope universal plays back some hidden camera tapes from the same time each day and finds the same person on the opposite train each time. i'd hate for someone to be doing this. but what other option is there? if this has never happened since its opened then twice in that short amount of time? other than a really freak accident?

It may just be a freak accident. Here's a video of a guy on Wildfire at Silver Dollar City who got hit with nature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFb7bsN53gs

So if it was just the first accident, then yeah, Universal could have written it off as an act of God. If you see that video, the bug or whatever it was was very close to hitting his eye. But now that a second accident happened? Sheesh, I guess Universal is doing all they can by not dueling the trains anymore. If their really is a culprit behind these attacks, it'll probably stop him/her from doing it. But man, what a terrible person! If Universal ever caught them, I'm guessing trespass for life, and jailtime. I hate to say it, but if a 3rd accident happens, they'll probably have to close the ride.

Screamscape is saying it could be like a wrist rocket of some type. It honestly only has to be a couple rocks in someones pocket to cause that sort of damage.

Last edited:
I doubt it'd close the ride, but if it continues to happen we could well see the dueling go. It only took one accident on Cat to stop the spinning so...

This is unbelievable. Do they have any sort of cameras set up so they can look at footage and possibly figure out what - or WHO - is responsible?

On the lift hill and brake runs, yes. If the perpetrator was busy with whatever s/he was going to launch when the train was in either of these areas, it might be possible to catch them.

Universal hasn't said anything publicly about these incidents, have they? I noticed the second one hasn't even really been reported in the news (yet).

If it's one person doing it, I hope Uni catches him/her and beats the living **** out of him/her, and then permaban them from both parks for life.

I'm not convinced... Lance posted a photo that one of the victims sent him, and the bruise looked awfully big to have been caused by that...

I'm not convinced... Lance posted a photo that one of the victims sent him, and the bruise looked awfully big to have been caused by that...
Imagine I'm sitting about 15-20 ft away from you and I hurl a penny at you. Probably hurt right? Now imagine I'm going 30 MPH head on at you and you're heading 30 MPH towards me and I hurl the same penny.

When I was in 7th Grade a kid threw a penny at this one kid on the gym floor from about 25 feet and it broke his tooth. I mean Jeffro chipped front tooth! To this day one of the craziest damn things I have ever seen. So yeah a penny involved in a 40-100 MPH collision could do some serious damage. Did anybody read my bug story?:lol:

I doubt it'd close the ride, but if it continues to happen we could well see the dueling go. It only took one accident on Cat to stop the spinning so...

Um... the spinning is back as usual.

This is unbelievable. Do they have any sort of cameras set up so they can look at footage and possibly figure out what - or WHO - is responsible?

They do have CCTV on every ride, but only in important areas for the roller coasters. Dragons probably only has them on the lift, brake, and station areas. If they really think it's one person doing this, then they are most likely reviewing footage.