Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2017

So curiosity got me. Previous announcements:
  • 1/5/16
  • 1/12/15
  • 1/15/14
  • 1/7/14 (with Matchbox 20 leaking 2 months earlier)
So I guess expect an announcement by Friday--a mere 3 weeks out from the first date. Still crazy to me nothing has leaked yet.

So curiosity got me. Previous announcements:
  • 1/5/16
  • 1/12/15
  • 1/15/14
  • 1/7/14 (with Matchbox 20 leaking 2 months earlier)
So I guess expect an announcement by Friday--a mere 3 weeks out from the first date. Still crazy to me nothing has leaked yet.
If you really want to find out, then look at the tour dates for typical Mardi Grad acts. You may notice they're in Fl, but for some reason don't come to Orlando and are missing a date.

Looks like I may be up there for opening night. No clue if we will go by the concert venue as I have no idea on who might be playing.

I know that in the past I've known who was playing before I planned my trip (but the trip was always planned around the dates that worked for us, it was always nice to know who would be playing in case there was someone we wanted to see.

I guess the music is more for the locals and not expected as a draw for out of town folks?

Maybe they are having a tough time lining up talent? Maybe they want to wait until after the Potter thingie? Hey, U2 is touring t his year. Have they even offered sign ups for AP's to try and ride a float?

Looks like I may be up there for opening night. No clue if we will go by the concert venue as I have no idea on who might be playing.

I know that in the past I've known who was playing before I planned my trip (but the trip was always planned around the dates that worked for us, it was always nice to know who would be playing in case there was someone we wanted to see.

I guess the music is more for the locals and not expected as a draw for out of town folks?

Maybe they are having a tough time lining up talent? Maybe they want to wait until after the Potter thingie? Hey, U2 is touring t his year. Have they even offered sign ups for AP's to try and ride a float?

Think U2 is out of the question but we should know by the end of the week.

Lineup:

FEB 4 (SAT) TRACEADKINS
FEB 11 (SAT)NE-YO
FEB 18 (SAT) COLLECTIVE SOUL
FEB 19 (SUN) X AMBASSADORS
FEB 25 (SAT) FIFTH HARMONY
MAR 4 (SAT) KOOL & THE GANG
MAR 5 (SUN) OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN
MAR 11 (SAT) UB40
MAR 12 (SUN) TOBY KEITH
MAR 18 (SAT) JASON DERULO
MAR 19 (SUN) EARTH, WIND & FIRE
MAR 25 (SAT) THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS

Universal Studios Mardi Gras 2017 Concerts

This may very well their worst lineup yet. Was Kool & The Gang and Olivia Newton-John a two for one deal? UB40?? What decade is this?

So.. does 50 consecutive nights constitute a 50 day blackout of Premier pass valet parking or do only concert nights qualify?

Ugh... this has to be their worst line-up in years. The Busch Gardens lineup is far more relevant than this... and their biggest pull (Fifth Harmony) just lost a member of the group.

They really went all out to knock it out of the park with this lineup.... especially now that they are technically charging for concerts. :saywhat: