Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2019

We decided to film the parade a little differently, and got a little artsy fartsy.

Also, our guide has been updated with more information on food & drink (lanyard, boil, etc) and the full concert line-up

Need to Know: A Guide to Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras 2019 | Inside Universal

Nice. Thanks Brian.

Curious here:

“15 items lanyard for $60 – Passholder Exclusive!

Only items designated with a special Universal globe icon are part of the deal. Alcohol is included but comes in a 9oz tasting glass. Water and sodas are also included in the lanyard. You can rollover unused items during any Mardi Gras day, and it can be reloaded until 4/4. Any unused value does not expire, so you can purchase snacks including soft pretzels, popcorn, and bottled water during normal hours”

Regarding the other snacks, is that anything that could be considered a “snack” on the regular dining plan? Like a giant Simpsons donut, ice cream or Butterbeer, for example (as the highest price option)?

Nice. Thanks Brian.

Curious here:

“15 items lanyard for $60 – Passholder Exclusive!

Only items designated with a special Universal globe icon are part of the deal. Alcohol is included but comes in a 9oz tasting glass. Water and sodas are also included in the lanyard. You can rollover unused items during any Mardi Gras day, and it can be reloaded until 4/4. Any unused value does not expire, so you can purchase snacks including soft pretzels, popcorn, and bottled water during normal hours”

Regarding the other snacks, is that anything that could be considered a “snack” on the regular dining plan? Like a giant Simpsons donut, ice cream or Butterbeer, for example (as the highest price option)?

The only snacks that we have confirmed are the 3 we listed. Dining Snacks are not a part of it.

The only snacks that we have confirmed are the 3 we listed. Dining Snacks are not a part of it.

Can I ask- was the info part of what Universal gave to you via media or did you actually test them on your own just on a whim?

Not much for reports here. It's like half way through? The local members not attending? I sure had fun last year. Ziggy would be good.

Not much for reports here. It's like half way through? The local members not attending? I sure had fun last year. Ziggy would be good.
Heck, sometimes I think many of the people posting, never, or rarely, steps foot in the parks. Or, if they do, it's only a day or two over the course of years. Many seem to visit vicariously through You Tube videos. It always feels good to hear someones' story that actually experienced what they were talking about.

Last edited:
This was the crowd to see Pitbull past night from our view on the float.
I stood with some friends near the French Quarter listening/watching off the screen. The crowd was completely backed up to that point along with us. I've on ever seen crowds this large for Kelly Clarkson and Fall Out Boy at a Mardi Gras Concert.

With the Mardi Gras parades now over just wanted to say what a great time riding floats...we made it onto 9 of the 12 ( know many that made all 12...congrates)... If you've never done it it's well worth the standby line wait....met many interesting ,fun,and entertaining people...Big shout out to some of our favorite bead captions(so sorry if I missed any)..Aki..Dave...Ethan...Lorenzo..Merritt...Michael...Scott...Zach ...and can't forget photographers Andrew,,Amiela and Marie for the great lasting memories..

Some how.bead captains Merritt,,Michael,,and Zach was cut off from post

Last edited by a moderator: