Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2022 (Feb 5 - April 24)

Always amazing what they can do with tribute stores for each season.

The Hurricane flavored cake thing looks the most interesting.

Random Thoughts from Opening Night:

Once again the parade is incredible. All new space-themed floats are fun and colorful, the traditional floats still look great as good as they did newly refurbed back in 2020. And the cast just brings the energy, as always.

I'll be blunt, I've found most overhyped Universal foods to be ... well, overhyped. But the chorizo sandwich (more like a hot dog, but technicality) in Kid Zone is one of the best things I've eaten in either park in years. And yes, I was at Mythos last month.

Blinky cups are available only on concert nights, only from Transformers bar. Otherwise it's the smaller, color-changing cup for the same price.

Tribute store feels like overkill given the limited amount of merch for sale. Three wax mold machines feels like overkill as well.

@Mad Dog Tons of Mardi Gras themed costumes on guests, some of them rather elaborate. I even saw a full Spider-Gwen costume, which is unrelated but was still weird. As long as you keep your naughty bits covered, I think you're fine.

Universal Orlando has released 6 new Mardi Gras-inspired candles so you can bring a little bit of Mardi Gras home with you.

Does anyone have a list of the past ~8 or so years’ Mardi Gras themes?

2011 Elements
2012 Ecosystems
2013 Cultures Around the World
2014 Around the World in 80 days/Jules Verne-inspired
2015 Sugar Skulls
2016 Festivals around the World
2017 Mythical Creatures
2018 Celestials
2019 Party Animals
2020 Treasures of the Deep
2021 Mulligan
2022 Planet Mardi Gras

2011 Elements
2012 Ecosystems
2013 Cultures Around the World
2014 Around the World in 80 days/Jules Verne-inspired
2015 Sugar Skulls
2016 Festivals around the World
2017 Mythical Creatures
2018 Celestials
2019 Party Animals
2020 Treasures of the Deep
2021 Mulligan
2022 Planet Mardi Gras
Perfect, thank you!

Did Voodoo Donuts have any special donuts for Mardi Gras this year?

Always enjoy their creativity in design and flavors.