Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Margaritaville Resort & Island H20 Live Water Park

I’m not 100% sure if you can or not, but they have their own rental system in place. This is marketed as a “you buy and we’ll rent it out while your not using it” type of deal. It’s not really something you would buy to live in, it’s more the new growing alternative to timeshares.

You’ll probably see less of a return if any but it would probably make for a far more relaxed experience.

I was trying to convince my dad to buy one after watch the Tim Tracker video but he wasn’t having it.

Genuinely though, if the exchange rate was back how it was 15 years ago with a 2-1 rate, I would give serious thought into buying a cottage. I think it would be a great investment to have for hopefully 40+ years of trips.

I’m not 100% sure if you can or not, but they have their own rental system in place. This is marketed as a “you buy and we’ll rent it out while your not using it” type of deal. It’s not really something you would buy to live in, it’s more the new growing alternative to timeshares.
That’s the same understanding I got as well. They rent out the cottages as hotel rooms and you get some of the money. Most places I’ve seen (never looked in Orlando though) have very strict rules against short-term rentals.

300k seemed surprisingly cheap to me. There’s a very good chance there’s a lot of hidden fees on the units.

That’s the same understanding I got as well. They rent out the cottages as hotel rooms and you get some of the money. Most places I’ve seen (never looked in Orlando though) have very strict rules against short-term rentals.

300k seemed surprisingly cheap to me. There’s a very good chance there’s a lot of hidden fees on the units.
The going rate for an average vacation home in the area is about mid 200’s so it seems on par considering it’s part of a more desirable resort setting. I suspect, even though I have no real knowledge to make an educated comparison that they’re just looking to get people into the units and make money on the maintenance and rental fees.

Didn’t see this posted. Here is the announcement for the new Estefan Kitchen restaurant that was attend by Gloria Estefan. It’s was well done.

Chatting with a friend, Yeoman Cask & Larder soft opened today--British themed pub owned by Ford's Garage, as is the new pizza place going in.

Interestingly, Lafayette's is also going into Sunset Walk, but will have cheaper prices than the Pointe Orlando outlet. Combined with $5 tickets at the new theater and $20 day tickets to the water park, the idea is to create a more affordable nighttime destination than Disney Springs or I-Drive. The three above fit into that category as well. Might be hedging their bets between tourists and local CMs.

Also, not surprising given that every other Darden restaurant seems to be out there, a Cheddars is being built by the Krispee Kreme right there on 192.

Lots of people riding slides approx 6pm today 23-May. We could see some big slides when we drove past to Sweet Tomatoes. Great publicity!

I don’t know if was previews or if is open?

874B3B26-4C32-4116-9C7A-800FDEE857D4.jpeg

Yeah I ate at Bento yesterday and a bunch of water park staff came in for lunch. They definitely seem to have a lot of training or mock service or something going on.

Also Bento is one of my new favorite places!

Lots of people riding slides approx 6pm today 23-May. We could see some big slides when we drove past to Sweet Tomatoes. Great publicity!

I don’t know if was previews or if is open?

Employees were given a chance to ride the slides before opening during training.

“Immersive” is PR Speak for the amount of technology incorporated into the park. People will be given bands when they enter the park that can be used for cash a la MagicBands, but they are have a lot of social media functionality so you can touch the RFID band to a touchpad and take a picture with the machine and have the machine instantly send it to social media or have the picture sent to the large billboard at the Wavepool.

I’ve also heard some things about a point system via riding rides where you gain a certain amount of points whenever you touch the band to a touchpad at the top of a line queue and once you have enough you can buy a free ice cream, change the light patterns on certain closed tube rides, or decide what music you want to be playing on your slide.

The tech is built into the park and was one of the first things installed after breaking ground. There are a million different pvc pipes with wires inside buried underneath the park. This isn’t a rash thing they decided to incorporate last minute but rather a decision made early on to seperate it from other parks. Whether it ends up successful or Tapu Tapu-esque will have to be seen.

Last edited: