Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So on my last visit yesterday, managed to catch an interesting thing: It seems they do some kind of maintenance on a kart during operations if needed, cause there was one kart that was not in service to guests (but still on the track of course), and there was a technician on it with a tablet and something connected to the kart itself. Also, I think a lot of the goggle cables are in a gray sheath now for some reason. During TRs and when the ride first opened, I remember them being black.
image.png
20230706_150905.jpg

This also may be something not uncommon at parks, but I also had a fluke on the ride turn out for the better. My AR didn't work on my seat and I didn't realize it until after the ride started in the practice area. While this did give me the chance to see the ride with no AR and take in the sets better (which was surreal as it was nice, especially seeing the Rainbow Road with no AR), I wasn't pleased about not being able to score. After I was off the ride, I let the TM at the station know, was referred to ask someone in the next room, and after I told them, I was sent through the elevator to the single rider line and got put on a working kart.

Just thought I'd put that out there as a tip for future ref, since I'm glad they helped and it made my day. Though on the kart that I got on next, I realized there was something that looked like water(?) on the floor when I was exiting, and the ride operators saying they'd put the guests after me on the next one made me wonder if it was some fluid leak, or if someone just spilled water beforehand, because it didn't smell like anything but I wasn't sure if it stained my backpack or not with how long I've had it.

(Also, just to avoid double posting in the main thread, both the Grand Opening pins and statues were back. Guess they still had more of those after all)

Last edited:
So on my last visit yesterday, managed to catch an interesting thing: It seems they do some kind of maintenance on a kart during operations if needed, cause there was one kart that was not in service to guests (but still on the track of course), and there was a technician on it with a tablet and something connected to the kart itself. Also, I think a lot of the goggle cables are in a gray sheath now for some reason. During TRs and when the ride first opened, I remember them being black.
image.png
20230706_150905.jpg

This also may be something not uncommon at parks, but I also had a fluke on the ride turn out for the better. My AR didn't work on my seat and I didn't realize it until after the ride started in the practice area. While this did give me the chance to see the ride with no AR and take in the sets better (which was surreal as it was nice, especially seeing the Rainbow Road with no AR), I wasn't pleased about not being able to score. After I was off the ride, I let the TM at the station know, was referred to ask someone in the next room, and after I told them, I was sent through the elevator to the single rider line and got put on a working kart.

Just thought I'd put that out there as a tip for future ref, since I'm glad they helped and it made my day. Though on the kart that I got on next, I realized there was something that looked like water(?) on the floor when I was exiting, and the ride operators saying they'd put the guests after me on the next one made me wonder if it was some fluid leak, or if someone just spilled water beforehand, because it didn't smell like anything but I wasn't sure if it stained my backpack or not with how long I've had it.

(Also, just to avoid double posting in the main thread, both the Grand Opening pins and statues were back. Guess they still had more of those after all)
Im not AR technician, but being a bit tech savy, I’m willing to bet at least 75% of the time all the technician has to do is simply reboot the system to recalibrate the AR.

Been forgetting to share this, but on my last visit a couple weeks ago, by complete accident I learned that it is possible to cheese the "Super Mario Pro" stamp (where you get through the ride without hitting anyone from Team Mario) by just scanning in your Power-Up Band and not firing any shells at all (or probably just firing in the few scenes where you don't have to worry about hitting anyone from Team Mario). I only found this out because first, I realized my AR visor wasn't working by the time the ride started, and as much as that sucked, I also got to see the set design without having to choose between that or playing the ride.

Helps that I let them know as I got off, and after being redirected to ask someone in the visor drop off room, they let me re-ride by sending me to the SR line via the elevator. Was nice. How I figured out the stamp thing was that I realized the text saying the last time I got the stamp was minutes before I took a photo inside the Bowser themed elevator. So that's a pretty funny thing to know about a stamp that's supposed to be hard to get. :lol:

I find it funny how the ride attendant in the pre-show had to explain why Daisy doesn't have a Mii costume and even said she DOES have a costume in Mario Kart 8 which is literally a lie. If that isn't sloppy, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Any reports that people were getting sick during Rainbow Road? That thing does look incredibly stimulating during POVs.

Can anyone who has ridden the ride here recently confirm this?

I just went on this yesterday and I noticed that there was a good gust of wind in that scene. It had been a month since I've last been on it so I don't know if its stronger.
Don’t think many here have been on in awhile because it’s such a pain to ride this attraction
Yup. Finally did single rider and while the line was posted at 90 min, the SR line was exactly that. I also noticed that there were a couple of moments that the loading platform was completely empty and then they rapidly loaded the loading areas.

I enjoy the ride, but it's getting to a point to where it feels like a huge chore just to go on the ride with how long the line is and how much it craaaaawls. It also doesn't help that when I try to rapid fire the shells on the final Bowser scene, the shooting mechanism glitches and won't let me fire again until it's too late to get the bonus. Really hate that.