Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
I think certain projects are being delayed or paused, but so far not sure anything has been canceled. I think they’re interested in helping each fiscal quarter look good and making up for losses from closed parks, but hopefully once they reopen in Asia they can resume everything that was put on hold. Hopefully.

And this wasn’t one I’ve seen rumored to be paused. Just Marvel phase 2 and future Galaxy’s Edge additions are the only things rumored to be on hold currently.
Rumor from Magic insiders: A meeting at WDW tomorrow to discuss potential cuts, postponements, etc.

Cup_Of_Coffee

Veteran Member
Aug 7, 2018
From what I’ve heard as late as this last Thanksgiving this still sounded like it was planned. Obviously things may have changed but I don’t think it was ever going to be anything too elaborate, so construction not starting isn’t a worry of mine.

I may be misspoken, but they never gave a date for this correct? If it’s 2022 they could easily start construction in the summer/fall once Rat is all finished and just move some workers over. Although this is likely an easy cut as others have mentioned.

Who knows, maybe this will be the Magic Kingdom theatre of the 2019 D23

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Supposedly this ride got all the way downgraded to a tea cup ride with no projections before everything hit the fan and this project likely got cancelled. Tbh, the money is better off being reallocated elsewhere, especially since it was going to cost somewhere around $80M.

This project was always going to be a disappointment.

PerceptiveCoot

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2018
Supposedly this ride got all the way downgraded to a tea cup ride with no projections before everything hit the fan and this project likely got cancelled. Tbh, the money is better off being reallocated elsewhere, especially since it was going to cost somewhere around $80M.

If they weren't gonna commit to it, then why bring out Dick Van Dyke at D23?

Then again...they did give the CEO of Target five minutes to talk about some barely themed merchandise nooks in Target stores, so what do I know...

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA

An $80M teacup ride??????

Wouldn't that mean that two teacup rides equals one Diagon Alley?!