Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll just say that Rat was the less costly option.
I actually prefer Rat over BatB, even though BatB looks to be the more advanced/exciting ride because I think Rat fits France better. BatB also already has a home that would be prefect for this in MK (use Enchanted tales as the queue!).

I find it hard to believe that money was the issue though considering they are spending over $300M EACH on both GotG and TRON.

Reactions: Ryan and jtsalien
I actually prefer Rat over BatB, even though BatB looks to be the more advanced/exciting ride because I think Rat fits France better. BatB also already has a home that would be prefect for this in MK (use Enchanted tales as the queue!).

I find it hard to believe that money was the issue though considering they are spending over $300M EACH on both GotG and TRON.
It has more to do with the amount of projects they have going. Save some here, spend more there.

The higher budget Poppins attraction has taken the lead after funds were released when the Coco ride was shelved.

What is the timeline on this one?
Martin has said not until after Rat. I would expect them to try and get it by the 50th and if not then, Epcot's 40th at the latest.

Of course it could be an easy build and they could expedite it. I don't know much about it beyond what I relay. Disneyhead says it got a budget increase, i'd be shocked if it got ALL of Coco's funds as Coco was allocated to get a $75M overhaul of Three Caballeros.

Martin has said not until after Rat. I would expect them to try and get it by the 50th and if not then, Epcot's 40th at the latest.

Of course it could be an easy build and they could expedite it. I don't know much about it beyond what I relay. Disneyhead says it got a budget increase, i'd be shocked if it got ALL of Coco's funds as Coco was allocated to get a $75M overhaul of Three Caballeros.

I watched a Yesterworld video on Rocket Rods today. That legendary dumpster fire of an overhaul cost $25 million. In 1998 dollars. It seems like Disney has been spending money at an exponential rate since 1971. Based on that, I project the cost of a Mermaid-level darkride to be approximately $300 million by the time this thing breaks ground.

Reactions: Nick
By all accounts it should be unless things change. Now it won't be trackless like many of Disney's upcoming slate of dark rides (Three by 2020), but even if it's just an old-fashioned Fantasyland-type ride, it should really add to the area in a positive way.
I don't think I ever met a dark ride I didn't like. ...Hopefully everything works out.

Superstar Limo and Journey Into YOUR Imagination would like to have a word with you, sir.
Yeah, I guess you're right on Superstar Limo. Didn't meet it and ride it but it looked terrible on video....I'm one of the few that likes Imagination though. Alene and I even linger after the ride and play all the music games like we were still kids. Can't ever get the music out of my head. The ride always puts a smile on my face. :)

Reactions: Doug A.
Yeah, I guess you're right on Superstar Limo. Didn't meet it and ride it but it looked terrible on video....I'm one of the few that likes Imagination though. Alene and I even linger after the ride and play all the music games like we were still kids. Can't ever get the music out of my head. The ride always puts a smile on my face. :)

Yeah just messing with you. Clearly they haven't made a terrible Fantasyland-type dark ride yet. As mediocre as things like Florida's Poo and Mermaid may be.

So you know the version of Imagination you like is version 3, right? I'm talking about the super short lived version that was virtually without Figment. Id argue Superstar Limo was more fun than that abomination.

Reactions: Alicia and Mad Dog
Yeah just messing with you. Clearly they haven't made a terrible Fantasyland-type dark ride yet. As mediocre as things like Florida's Poo and Mermaid may be.

So you know the version of Imagination you like is version 3, right? I'm talking about the super short lived version that was virtually without Figment. Id argue Superstar Limo was more fun than that abomination.
:thumbsup::)....Never experienced second version. That was before my Epcot experience days.....Mermaids not great but it's decent and fun. I actually always ride it often since it's one of the few new WDW attractions that have good capacity, and thus shorter lines. Love the queue. It's like a Universal queue.

:thumbsup::)....Never experienced second version. That was before my Epcot experience days.....Mermaids not great but it's decent and fun. I actually always ride it often since it's one of the few new WDW attractions that have good capacity, and thus shorter lines. Love the queue. It's like a Universal queue.

I enjoy both Pooh and Mermaid. Mermaid could be better but it's fine. I was trying to think of a dark ride that I didn't like. I can't think of one, though. I've heard that Sea World's Antarctica ride is pretty bad but I haven't experienced it.

Agreed. I thought that it would be fun to have a Germany boat ride down the Rhein and another ride in Italy (maybe where you have to escape Vesuvius after touring ruins). Two high capacity rides to pull crowds into the World Showcase and to also provide more capacity. I remember when Epcot had the dark rides at the front where you could go from one to the next (ex. World of Motion, Horizons, Wonders of Life, etc.). I miss those days a little. I also hate reskinning a ride and saying that it is new.

A good ride in each of some of the larger "countries" would really help.