Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Matterhorn Re-theme to Frozen

SailwiththeTide

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Los Angeles
So Fresh Baked (yeah I know) mentioned that there may be a matterhorn retheme to something like what Hong Kong is getting. He said the entire ride may need to be redone so why not IP it? Honestly they needed to retrack that thing since before I was born (hint: a long time ago). But I know matterhorn purists will go nuts. I think its good as long as the ride is better.

So Fresh Baked (yeah I know) mentioned that there may be a matterhorn retheme to something like what Hong Kong is getting. He said the entire ride may need to be redone so why not IP it? Honestly they needed to retrack that thing since before I was born (hint: a long time ago). But I know matterhorn purists will go nuts. I think its good as long as the ride is better.

I grew up with the Florida parks so I don't have much of a connection with Matterhorn so I'll offer my two cents on this. This could be a cool change as I think one of the important things with Disney is to constantly evolve and change attractions to fit the modern times. However I would be sad to see an original attraction leave, and it seems weird for them to want to change it after just upgrading it a few years ago. Additionally, I can't see them using Frozen for some reason, I feel like they'd want to give Frozen a different style of attraction than a rollercoaster. I feel like Matterhorn will be here to stay for a while lol. It does have some historical value to the park and so I can't see them wanting to make any major changes that would upset the Disney purists (though Disney has been making tons of those changes lately so who knows)

This almost happened years ago. Scrapped bc there was a "mismatch" between the audience of the ride and the audience of the franchise.
This is what I was thinking. Frozen is targeted more towards younger children, and while younger children definitely might like Matterhorn, it does seem like a ride targeted towards kids that are older than those that are into Frozen.

The Frozen coaster going to Hong Kong is literally Seven Dwarfs Mine Train rethemed to Frozen. There's no similarities between the two rides in any way, really.

Secondly, this just sounds dumb, but something I can totally see Disney doing under Chapek's current IP-driven orders.

I can see this happening under the impression it'll be the expansion to Fantasyland that's long been rumored + helps transition the land more easily.

In addition to the IP being a mismatch for the ride type, Matterhorn Bobsleds is also obscenely popular and draws some of the highest waits in the resort. This strikes me as a "Stitch Mountain" scenario in that it was seriously considered as a means of justifying a necessary overhaul but ultimately scrapped because so much of it doesn't make sense beyond.

Matterhorn is going to need crisis-level maintenance sooner rather than later, but I have a feeling that if the mountain can be saved, they will attempt another refresh of show elements to try and market it as a "new attraction" again.

Lets RMC it.
In addition to the IP being a mismatch for the ride type, Matterhorn Bobsleds is also obscenely popular and draws some of the highest waits in the resort. This strikes me as a "Stitch Mountain" scenario in that it was seriously considered as a means of justifying a necessary overhaul but ultimately scrapped because so much of it doesn't make sense beyond.

Matterhorn is going to need crisis-level maintenance sooner rather than later, but I have a feeling that if the mountain can be saved, they will attempt another refresh of show elements to try and market it as a "new attraction" again.

Matterhorn just needs a new track/system. Would love some new effects with projection but I would be pretty upset by this. We have unused land that could be a Frozen ride...or you know Disney Forward which part of that was to save attractions like this.

I love Big Thunder/Space but Matterhorn to me is the one that really needs to stay its a symbol of the park and is apart of Walts legacy.

No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. No. No. No No. No. NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOO.

Also did I mention "NO"?

Sweet Mary and Joseph does EVERYTHING at the parks have to be a Disney IP? I'd be more than willing to let Frozen have its own E-ticket (Preferably as a trackless dark ride and not another Frozen Ever After) but please do NOT let this happen! Nobody wants this Disney. Nooooooobody. No. No. NO.