Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MAXPass

So this is exactly what they have over at Shanghai Disneyland now except it's free. It was really easy to use and convenient. I bet using it at DLR must be ultra-useful, especially if it has more FP attractions than Shanghai. I want to say Shanghai only had a total of about 7 overall.

So this is exactly what they have over at Shanghai Disneyland now except it's free. It was really easy to use and convenient. I bet using it at DLR must be ultra-useful, especially if it has more FP attractions than Shanghai. I want to say Shanghai only had a total of about 7 overall.
Probably one of the most convenient things about it is that if you are park hopping, you can get a FP on the app for DCA while still in DL and vice-versa.

Magical Guest Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resort Powered by HP

How do you make magical memories? With just a little bit of pixie dust—and maybe a sprinkle of technology, too! Walt Disney’s vision was to create the finest in family entertainment and places where families could come together, forget their worries and make magical memories. Go inside the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, where the latest display of Hewlett Packard Enterprise‘s 75-year partnership with Disney comes to life through the park’s new PhotoPass feature. It’s the perfect example of how Disney’s creativity and imagination .works together with HPE’s innovation and invention to enrich the magical guest experience for visitors to the theme park

*eye roll at miceage*

No.. Disneyland isn't too small - Disneyland ops is so stuck in doing things the same way they couldn't be bothered to reroute or reallocate some queue space.

That people are suddenly taking up more physical space with a ride reservation system is a fallacy.

Micechat is 10000000000000000% correct. Disneyland now lets 60% plus of riders from fast pass. Rides like Haunted Mansion and Pirates now have longer lines than ever before getting fastpass (they never needed them) Even average days where the park isn't busy those rides now clog up more than ever.

The park has enough space? haha nope, not at all. If it did Disney wouldn't have already torn out a few planters . Plus they are in the process of taking-out more trees and widening the walkways near Mansion and 2 spots of adventure land.

And YES they are taking up more space. You're from Florida (we have different ticketing systems than you). Your park is like 35 acres bigger. Imagine going to MK with the same amount people but with 35 arces less (yes we have some more rides, but lack queue space)

Lol at the its a fallacy comment, you're wrong. Was there last month, first time in a year. NEVER in my life of living down the street Dland and going all the time (used to have a pass) have I see it take THAT long to enter rides and it wasnt even that busy.

We no longer just hand paper tickets to a CM .... A process which takes the time it takes to walk by someone.

We now have to Scan each individual ticket.... A process that takes anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds per person or group.

You ever enter a parking garage? (in LA everywhere is one) people take FOREVER to just push a button and get a ticket.

its that issue, and it doesn't always scan. It takes 2-5x as long to just "hand" over your fast pass. THUS, creating more of a back up and MORE PHYSICAL BODIES in the queue both on the FP side and standby.

I mean ever go to the movies? Having printed tickets takes 2 seconds. All it takes is one dude having to pull up his ticket on his email to hold the WHOLE line up. Now do this with 20 rides and 1,000's of people in each line.... Its THIS issue basically. Idk how you think its impossible for there to be more bodies.

Last edited:
Not sure that I totally agree with your logic. The way DL does their MP, they are only scanning to enter the queue. This does not hold up the standby line. The issue is that they have so much of their capacity taken up by FP & MP users that their standby lines suffer.
A perfect example of this is when we went to ride Soarin. The standby time was only 25 minutes when we got in line. Not long after that, one of the 2 theaters went down. The wait time then shot up to 120 minutes because all of the FP/MP users were getting preference on loading. What irked me was that they never communicated that there was an issue with the ride which may have led to many abandoning the line.

Not sure that I totally agree with your logic. The way DL does their MP, they are only scanning to enter the queue. This does not hold up the standby line. The issue is that they have so much of their capacity taken up by FP & MP users that their standby lines suffer.
A perfect example of this is when we went to ride Soarin. The standby time was only 25 minutes when we got in line. Not long after that, one of the 2 theaters went down. The wait time then shot up to 120 minutes because all of the FP/MP users were getting preference on loading. What irked me was that they never communicated that there was an issue with the ride which may have led to many abandoning the line.

You are correct, Its the combo of both.

You have a new FP policy backing/clogging stuff up with now MORE people using FP since they hand out more.

Which in returns means the standby lines are getting longer because they added fastpass to more rides (that didnt need it), so more rides now experience exactly what you just posted above.

Plus if they let more people through FP go through an hour, that means less on the standby.

We're all regulars at some park around right? You know them well, You know when X ride is at Y part of the Queue line its always about 35 minute wait at full capacity. YOU KNOW that about some rides for years, because its your park.

Its changed at Disneyland in the last year or two. Its gone from oh, if you stand at point X in the Standby line its usually 35 minutes. to if you stand in the same point X part of stand by line its usually 50 minutes now. Quite a of rides have swung that way recently.

And remember we dont have that much Queue space for a lot of rides... Pirates and Mansion, have basically no extended queues. If its longer than 45, your going out the entrance and on to the walking path.