Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MIB: Alien Attack Revamp?

If Universal is going to replace MiB they're going to flatten it, so no worries about "one shooter for another".

That would be such a shame though. I get that the IP is rather dated (and the reboot attempt a couple years ago was a major flop) but the ride is so awesome. I guess it has been around quite awhile though.

That would be such a shame though. I get that the IP is rather dated (and the reboot attempt a couple years ago was a major flop) but the ride is so awesome. I guess it has been around quite awhile though.
I'm afraid AA heavy rides are going the way of the buggy whip.
I will miss them

Last trip I noticed the vehicles were no longer spinning when shot. That was last weekend
If Universal is going to replace MiB they're going to flatten it, so no worries about "one shooter for another".
...this isn't the potential 2024 project you heard about right? RIGHT?!

EDIT: Forgot Alicia said she heard it might be getting an update to extend its lifetime. Hopefully we're good then!

EDIT 2: Actually, I'm starting to wonder- Mummy reopens here very soon, last we heard Villain-Con is aiming for a spring opening... I'm willing to bet MIB goes down in the upcoming months for a much-needed refurbishment.

EDIT: Forgot Alicia said she heard it might be getting an update to extend its lifetime. Hopefully we're good then!
I don't think they can afford to close it any time soon. (Mummy being closed was tough on the park.) But they have been updating the attraction in recent years while remaining open, and I bet they will continue to do so. This thing has some more life in it!

Hopefully fixes they're implementing help with downtimes too. And more fun stuff for the area may be on the way! Long live MiB!

I don't think they can afford to close it any time soon. (Mummy being closed was tough on the park.) But they have been updating the attraction in recent years while remaining open, and I bet they will continue to do so. This thing has some more life in it!

Hopefully fixes they're implementing help with downtimes too. And more fun stuff for the area may be on the way! Long live MiB!

Yeah I could see how a lengthy closure of MIB would be horrible as that part of the park already has limited offerings. Maybe when whatever replaces FFL is completed?

Yeah I could see how a lengthy closure of MIB would be horrible as that part of the park already has limited offerings. Maybe when whatever replaces FFL is completed?
If the Fear Factor replacement had happened, MiB's day's would have been numbered. Since it did not happen, MiB is getting extra time. So, maybe?

Honestly, by the time a FFL thing happens, it may be time to replace Simpsons. Honestly, I feel MiB just sneaked in an extra 8+ years on its sentence.

If the Fear Factor replacement had happened, MiB's day's would have been numbered. Since it did not happen, MiB is getting extra time. So, maybe?

Honestly, by the time a FFL thing happens, it may be time to replace Simpsons. Honestly, I feel MiB just sneaked in an extra 8+ years on its sentence.
Shrek, MIB and Kid Zone, the trinity of attractions that have cheated death many times now.

The "And more fun stuff for the area may be on the way!" part has my attention lol.

Know what they should do?

Another AP tournament. That was genius.

(Trying to avoid double-posting.)

The "And more fun stuff for the area may be on the way!" part has my attention lol.
Just had a fun lil re-readthrough of the first 15 pages, and then looking back at this, I just thought:

What are the chances that instead of it replacing MIB, the F&F coaster is now replacing FFL or taking up the space between MIB and Simpsons?

Last edited:
Im guessing you’re not a fan of exiting Doom Freefall through the arcade as well?
That arcade is located in a purpose-built space. I mean, arcade games in an immersive theme park are never ideal but I get people enjoy them and at least in Marvel an arcade isn’t really out of theme.

This looks haphazardly thrown together in a space not built for it and just comes off tacky. Stuff like this is what gives people who compare UO to Six Flags their ammo.

The best game areas were Amity and the pre-Potter Lost Continent. They were aesthetically well-done and enhanced the themes of their respective areas. By no means am I totally anti-arcade.