Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll be there for myself in a few weeks (along with a trip to USH for SNW), but I definitely like that this feels like a real land now that it has three rides plus other side experiences such as meet & greets and other things. This land has always felt like an afterthought so i'm glad they gave it a refresh to make it feel a bit more whole. There's quite literally more to do in this land now than in SWGE. With how small Toontown is and how big SWGE is, it's always a let down that SWGE only has two rides.
Now let's hope that they will eventually fix Hollywoodland in DCA. Someday, any day now...

I'll be there for myself in a few weeks (along with a trip to USH for SNW), but I definitely like that this feels like a real land now that it has three rides plus other side experiences such as meet & greets and other things. This land has always felt like an afterthought so i'm glad they gave it a refresh to make it feel a bit more whole. There's quite literally more to do in this land now than in SWGE. With how small Toontown is and how big SWGE is, it's only even more of a let down that SWGE only has two rides.
To be fair when the land opened, it was very cool for kids. I loved the bounce house, but they let the land die for what feels like 20 years. The new land is to me an 8/10 a much needed improvement with a few things I wish they still did but overall it seems like the land has an identity again, especially since its the only place in the the disneyland parks where you can have a Picnic on grass.

Not even a year in and this ride was in pretty rough shape today. Mickey and Minnie’s car was parked at the train track switch, the hot air balloon figures were in B-mode (which I didn’t even know existed for this one), and the picnic animatronics weren’t moving while Pluto’s face projector was constantly glitching.

• Sad
Reactions: belloq87
Not even a year in and this ride was in pretty rough shape today. Mickey and Minnie’s car was parked at the train track switch, the hot air balloon figures were in B-mode (which I didn’t even know existed for this one), and the picnic animatronics weren’t moving while Pluto’s face projector was constantly glitching.

The hot air balloon figures have been down for months. It's really unacceptable.

The ride might not be doing amazing but It looks like the Beanstock will be visible from outside the attraction soon

So thats nice but yeah Disney either rushed toontown or something....sooooo many things are still not 100%. Donald's Splash pads NEVER have been turned on...it's been almost a year, lol

I just visited the updated Toontown for the first time today and left with a feeling of... that's it? Felt the same way about Avengers Campus. Hope that's not the takeaway from Dreamworks Land but probably will be.

We had a great ride on Runaway Railway though and that QUEUE. What a difference compared to WDW. Absolutely loved all the in-jokes and references to all the different Mickey eras. Was worth waiting in just for that even though I usually skip the clones.

I just visited the updated Toontown for the first time today and left with a feeling of... that's it? Felt the same way about Avengers Campus. Hope that's not the takeaway from Dreamworks Land but probably will be.

We had a great ride on Runaway Railway though and that QUEUE. What a difference compared to WDW. Absolutely loved all the in-jokes and references to all the different Mickey eras. Was worth waiting in just for that even though I usually skip the clones.

I feel the same way, the new toontown left a lot to be desired but the ride’s exterior and queue looks amazing, especially at night when I saw it. It looks way better than the DHS original and it fits better in the park and didn’t kill a classic. It also helps that the Disneyland one is in Disneyland and has tons of rides to take heat off this ride, the wait was extremely reasonable where it’s usually a wait in DHS.

Reactions: UNIrd
Ride was closed until like 10 AM yesterday, the Mickey/Minnie in Car at the start was stuck when i went on it

As for Toontown.....I think its a big improvement

The land is much fuller now and kids seem to love all the new slides and things to play with. So.....while could the space be even better/more Fantasyland be my first choice....yes but the land seem to be making families happy and the sound track is amazing.....Ducktales and Powerline sounds show someone at Disney cares and understands what people want at least

Also rode the Redone Chip and Dale Coaster......basically the same, its better now but they still need to turn the water effects on

Reactions: Jake S
Yeah, I think the biggest issue (and in fairness, Universal is facing this with Super Nintendo World as well) is refurbishing the "hands-on" areas so they can better take the punishment that is doled out on a daily basis. Otherwise, I think it's a marked improvement on the land as it existed previously — and there's another great ride back there with at least decent capacity. That's something you can't really say about Roger Rabbit.

Yeah, I think the biggest issue (and in fairness, Universal is facing this with Super Nintendo World as well) is refurbishing the "hands-on" areas so they can better take the punishment that is doled out on a daily basis. Otherwise, I think it's a marked improvement on the land as it existed previously — and there's another great ride back there with at least decent capacity. That's something you can't really say about Roger Rabbit.
Roger has a great Q and is a pretty solid ride, but yeah the issue is how many people can ride it in an hour

I will say the one negative I did see at the Parks....is Maintenance so many big rides go down and with Genie plus it just adds to longer lines either latter or at all other rides.

I get one or two things going down but......Racers, Big Thunder, Mickey, Indy (name a day that ride doesn't not close, lol), Soarin had some big line issues when I went took like 25 mins to do Genie Plus....which I know doesn't sound like a lot but compared to normally 10 mins, just suchs they let things get in such a bad state the rides just fail daily or weekly.

Disney needs to get back on the Pre Pandemic level

Reactions: belloq87
I get one or two things going down but......Racers, Big Thunder, Mickey, Indy (name a day that ride doesn't not close, lol), Soarin had some big line issues when I went took like 25 mins to do Genie Plus....which I know doesn't sound like a lot but compared to normally 10 mins, just suchs they let things get in such a bad state the rides just fail daily or weekly.
I don't think there's much doubt that maintenance at most North American theme parks has suffered following Covid, but I'm not sure these four attractions going down are a great representation of that. Obviously correct me if I'm wrong, but these rides have all had downtime issues for years. The exception is, of course, Mickey and Minnie. But that attraction is trackless and if you can name a trackless ride that doesn't suffer more-than-usual downtime, I'd love to hear about it.

On my first day at Disneyland back in September, I remember thinking that way, way more rides were down at one time than should ever be down on a perfect weather day.

They all came back up eventually (and some went back down again...), but it was conspicuous.