Minion Café - USF | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Minion Café - USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The patio is to the left of the restaurant’s doors. You can see it in the concept art with the hanging lights under the new overhang. Basically where the old electric chair photo op was at Monsters.
Yeah I noticed that a few minutes after posting that lol!

The wording was a bit confusing from the press release

Reactions: Nico

Edit:
1. Looks great
2. What’s going on with the stand across the street if the popcorn is sold here? Just an update? Based on Bios photos, they’re extending the foundations. Wonder if it’s just so it’s also accessible on the side nearest Minions land.

Last edited:
They’re here. Really curious to see what maps label the area as once MC and Villain-Con open.

It’s a cute sign, but man, it’s prominence and emphasis on being a “land” (now the only physically labeled “land” in the park) REALLY highlights the egregious lack of effort surrounding the two warehouses (and everything about Blast). Of course, that’s a huge reason they needed the sign - it’s instantly clear from aesthetics (and placement) that Simpsons or New York or Potter is a “land,” but guests have to be told what those big tan boxes are.

None of this applies to the Cafe redo, which looks great.

Actually, they've done way more with facades, the restaurants, and signs than I expected. It may not be great, but it's OK. and....not every land needs to be immersive like the Epic lands will be. Bottom line is that it's an upgrade from what was there previously, and at a probable fairly minimal budget as theme park lands go. Reminds me of the Springfield upgrade in 2013. And I'm one that always enjoyed both Shrek and the Monster's restaurant.

Actually, they've done way more with facades, the restaurants, and signs than I expected. It may not be great, but it's OK. and....not every land needs to be immersive like the Epic lands will be. Bottom line is that it's an upgrade from what was there previously, and at a probable fairly minimal budget as theme park lands go. Reminds me of the Springfield upgrade in 2013. And I'm one that always enjoyed both Shrek and the Monster's restaurant.
The Springfield upgrade was great and should have been the model. The Cafe makeover is absolutely comparable to that… but the warehouses aren’t. And frequently, when ticket prices are getting jacked way up in a year where everything is being “reset” for EU, I don’t really feel like giving a lot of credit to the makeover for being at a “fairly minimal budget.”

Reactions: Coolbfitz
The Springfield upgrade was great and should have been the model. The Cafe makeover is absolutely comparable to that… but the warehouses aren’t. And frequently, when ticket prices are getting jacked way up in a year where everything is being “reset” for EU, I don’t really feel like giving a lot of credit to the makeover for being at a “fairly minimal budget.”

It’s the same? It’s a redo of a fast food location.

Everything about this project looks like a win. The ride will be better than Shrek, more indoor meet and greets are good for the kids, and the food looks head and shoulders above the old Monsters Cafe menu. Not to mention taking a dreary looking venue and turning it into something bright and inviting.

Really looking forward to trying this stuff out

Everything about this project looks like a win. The ride will be better than Shrek, more indoor meet and greets are good for the kids, and the food looks head and shoulders above the old Monsters Cafe menu. Not to mention taking a dreary looking venue and turning it into something bright and inviting.

Really looking forward to trying this stuff out
Are the meet 'n greets indoors?