Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Minion Café

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL

I'll admit, I'm disappointed.

Gru's Lab was probably too industrial and consequently unfriendly, but this looks like something you'd find in a budget hotel, not a world class theme park.

I'll admit, I'm disappointed.

Gru's Lab was probably too industrial and consequently unfriendly, but this looks like something you'd find in a budget hotel, not a world class theme park.
Pre Nintendoland...I think this works but now after seeing taods place...like why can't all the restaurants be like kinda attractions?

I'm not even talking that much maybe like a shadow window (like in the star tours Q) where you see minions "making the food and being silly" with some sounds. Also a few more props and bam....it would be really cute.
Its just weird to me that people who make pop ups on there own budgets make cool restaurants but theme parks are like...Posters.

Anyway its a who cares because kids and mos adults just want to grab the food and leave anyway..they are not us who want things to feel special and unique

I actually didn't mind the vibe. Modern and whimsical is a tough combo (and modern more won out), but the design works for me. And I actually liked the meatball grilled cheese. It didn't knock my socks off, but liked it.