Minions: The Rise of Gru | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Minions: The Rise of Gru

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow. Thrilled to see a theatrical release delayed by 2 years like this be so successful for Universal. Also glad to see the franchise gain some huge momentum as USF expands with more Minions (just as some of us were wondering why).

Only a 57% drop this weekend, which isn't too bad considering what's it going up against with Thor's release. I suspect that the Gentle Minions memes will give this decent legs throughout the summer while people try and figure out what all the hoopla is about.

I also think it's hilarious how this is the second movie this year that's been memed to death, the first of course being Morbius. The great irony there is that the memes for that film got it re-rereleased in theaters and it STILL managed to bomb.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Only a 57% drop this weekend, which isn't too bad considering what's it going up against with Thor's release. I suspect that the Gentle Minions memes will give this decent legs throughout the summer while people try and figure out what all the hoopla is about.

I also think it's hilarious how this is the second movie this year that's been memed to death, the first of course being Morbius. The great irony there is that the memes for that film got it re-rereleased in theaters and it STILL managed to bomb.
Eh, the Morbius re-release bombed because Sony didn’t promote it was going wide again so no one knew it was happening. However, the memes were based on how bad the film was, so not likely to have attracted much business anyway.

Reactions: TheGentTrent