Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Minnie Vans

I can attest that this upcharge pricing is accurate. Went to visit some friends staying at another onsite resort.. it was $7 for a regular Lyft. $30 for the Minnie Van. That's a hard nope.

So I just happened to see this screen shot from Blog Mickey (I hadn't seen Minnie Van pricing in awhile - especially compared to regular lyft pricing), so this made me literally laugh out loud, especially because I take Lyft and Uber frequently.
5EFFBFC8-3491-4DB2-83CB-3FF1B49FA249.jpeg

Lyft XL and Minnie Vans are essentially the same thing and it's $21 difference (and that $32.06 is REDUCED!). I don't know who's paying this, but they're out of their minds. I've gotten to Full Sail University from Magic Kingdom for less than $32 with a ride share when needed before and that's a solid 45-minute drive if not longer. I really don't know who this service is for and why Disney thinks they can charge 3x more for the same thing as Lyft XL. At least if it could fit more passengers it would have something going for it, but it can't even do that.
Except if you're talking about getting dropped of at MK. If you take the Minnie Van you get dropped off in the bus area directly in front of the park, while the Lyft would only drop you at TTC. That is the only case where it might be worth the splurge.

Except if you're talking about getting dropped of at MK. If you take the Minnie Van you get dropped off in the bus area directly in front of the park, while the Lyft would only drop you at TTC. That is the only case where it might be worth the splurge.

They can also pick you up or drop you off as close as possible to your room instead of the lobby. I could see a few scenarios where that could be preferable.

Lyft can drop you at the Contemporary though for much less and then just walk or take the monorail.

They can drop you at the hotels, but it's still not as convenient as being dropped off right in front of the park. Get dropped at Poly or Flo or Contemporary and you still have to wait for a boat or monorail and then the time it takes on that boat or monorail. At the Contemp at least you have the option of walking over, but it's still not as convenient.

For some the idea of using a ride share where the driver is random and not a Disney CM is too much of a down side. While I am ok with that for some that’s too much and I respect that.
I guess. With Minnie Van you at least know what you’re getting. Although many of those drivers drive Uber/Lyft outside of work, so it’s not like the driver themselves isn’t a “random person” it’s the Disney name.

I guess. With Minnie Van you at least know what you’re getting. Although many of those drivers drive Uber/Lyft outside of work, so it’s not like the driver themselves isn’t a “random person” it’s the Disney name.

For some people that’s all they want and will pay for it.

I love my mom, but this kinda thing is for people like her. My moms a doctor and has been for close to 30 years so id consider her wealthy based on her lifestyle, offering to pay for a Disney vacation for my boyfriend and I, etc. She's doing quite well for herself. She can be too "elitist" for me at some points, and expects a lot of things done for her. This kind of BS was MADE for her. She wants convenience and to be taken wherever she wants to go with no additional stops. She would 100% take a Minnie Van for the "convenience" of it and spend the extra $20-$30. If I had that kind of $ I guess id do the same thing. So frankly, its for people like her. I have no idea if this will be our actual transportation or not when we go this April, but if she takes one everytime, to and from the parks, thats almost an extra thousand dollars from us. Disney must find the price worth it for them. Idk, its just weird to me. Like theres a full fledged bus system to transport you to and from the parks.

I love my mom, but this kinda thing is for people like her. My moms a doctor and has been for close to 30 years so id consider her wealthy based on her lifestyle, offering to pay for a Disney vacation for my boyfriend and I, etc. She's doing quite well for herself. She can be too "elitist" for me at some points, and expects a lot of things done for her. This kind of BS was MADE for her. She wants convenience and to be taken wherever she wants to go with no additional stops. She would 100% take a Minnie Van for the "convenience" of it and spend the extra $20-$30. If I had that kind of $ I guess id do the same thing. So frankly, its for people like her. I have no idea if this will be our actual transportation or not when we go this April, but if she takes one everytime, to and from the parks, thats almost an extra thousand dollars from us. Disney must find the price worth it for them. Idk, its just weird to me. Like theres a full fledged bus system to transport you to and from the parks.

For some people, price is never going to be an issue.

If you're paying $3000 a night staying at a suite in the Contemporary during peak season, paying 1% of that for a convenient transport system is literally nothing.

For some people, price is never going to be an issue.

If you're paying $3000 a night staying at a suite in the Contemporary during peak season, paying 1% of that for a convenient transport system is literally nothing.
Exactly. It’s made for people like that. Or, guests who plan things last minute and are left with no choice but a Minnie Van

They just published a story about Minnie vans returning and I replied saying “so you were wrong buddy?” And I got blocked from them lmao

Coronavirus seems like the time to double down on Minnie Vans. I’d actually take one from the airport over a regular Uber.

Uber doesn’t have the same level of control over their drivers that Disney does. Uber’s drivers are all contractors. If Disney’s Minnie Van pitch was “we’ll get you straight to your resort with the cleanliness that we’re pushing resort wide and you can guarantee Windows will be down and masks will be worn,” I would personally pay the extra over an Uber.

They never got rid of the fleet of vans they were all parked up somewhere, I think Bio posted a pic of them all sitting there ages ago so it was a hopeful sign at the time that they were going to come back as normally with Disney they would have gotten rid of all the vans as soon as they shuttered it.

They never got rid of the fleet of vans they were all parked up somewhere, I think Bio posted a pic of them all sitting there ages ago so it was a hopeful sign at the time that they were going to come back as normally with Disney they would have gotten rid of all the vans as soon as they shuttered it.
I believe Disney had a longterm rental deal with the cars and they unwrapped them and sent them back in 2020.

Last edited: