Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What about this ride is supposed to be special? I know it's family oriented but I don't see anything "groundbreaking" about it. What am I missing?
I don't think it's really intended to be ground breaking.

This is more Disney's way of saying, "look, we still have water parks, come visit" before VB opens.

That's pretty bold. If this opens successfully (I imagine it will) then this can give a good idea about the construction of VB.
Eh, not really. March 12 is when the park reopens from refurb and people have always suspected it to open then.

From the look at recent aerials (some with running water), it's pretty much read to go. Just some more landscaping needed before opening.

This is more Disney's way of saying, "look, we still have water parks, come visit" before VB opens.

Eh, not really. March 12 is when the park reopens from refurb and people have always suspected it to open then.

From the look at recent aerials (some with running water), it's pretty much read to go. Just some more landscaping needed before opening.

The same could be said about VB. Most slides are running, people are testing some and they just have landscaping to go.

miss-adventure-falls-00.jpg

C5hlnkWWcAMglAX.jpg

This was on Saturday and the ride opens a week on Sunday. VB opens in 12 weeks.

I'm wondering if the tunnels will just be dark or if there'll be some small scale effects/painting/sounds in there

A welcome addition anyway...let's hope BB gets something a little more extreme next year

The same could be said about VB. Most slides are running, people are testing some and they just have landscaping to go.

miss-adventure-falls-00.jpg

C5hlnkWWcAMglAX.jpg

This was on Saturday and the ride opens a week on Sunday. VB opens in 12 weeks.
I'm not saying VB won't open on time.

The main difference here is we are comparing 1 ride with 18 rides and an entirely new park... which I think we can all agree is quite a larger undertaking.

I'm wondering if the tunnels will just be dark or if there'll be some small scale effects/painting/sounds in there

A welcome addition anyway...let's hope BB gets something a little more extreme next year
I would love for there to be some sort of projections or something inside, but I would think that would be something they put in a press release.

I'm not saying VB won't open on time.

The main difference here is we are comparing 1 ride with 18 rides and an entirely new park... which I think we can all agree is quite a larger undertaking.

I would love for there to be some sort of projections or something inside, but I would think that would be something they put in a press release.

A larger undertaking certainly but I also suspect they will have 18x the workers and 12x the time.

My original point was that people are having doubts that VB will be ready on time but this will show how fast progress can be made in a week.

Replaces capacity lost from closing of Shark Reef, too (probably increases actually--which is important for a 27-year-old park that still goes to capacity in the Summer).

Why people are even comparing this and Volcano Bay is beyond me, one is an entire park that has to have money spent across 18 attractions, theming, catering and paving whilst the other is a single attraction that can have all funds dedicated toward it. That aside neither are finished or in a state that can be judged like a finished product...

Well I think people are going "Disney sees VB as a thread so they're refreshing TL" not them comparing the rides.

My hope for this being a new Disney attraction is that it meets Disney standards. At this point now, the family aspect of it and the AA already give it my seal of approval for accomplishing a need in the park and doing something different that no other slide in TL has.

Clearly this is Disney's response to Volcano Bay in a small way. Clearly it has pushed Disney to do something with TL. What I would be thinking if I was Disney right now is how can we continue to improve our water parks with VB being brand new in May. I guess the bigger question is how much time and money is Disney willing to spend with their water parks to compete with everyone else in the future.

Reactions: Scott W.
My hope for this being a new Disney attraction is that it meets Disney standards. At this point now, the family aspect of it and the AA already give it my seal of approval for accomplishing a need in the park and doing something different that no other slide in TL has.

Clearly this is Disney's response to Volcano Bay in a small way. Clearly it has pushed Disney to do something with TL. What I would be thinking if I was Disney right now is how can we continue to improve our water parks with VB being brand new in May. I guess the bigger question is how much time and money is Disney willing to spend with their water parks to compete with everyone else in the future.

This is all key to the current improvements in both resorts. Competition is good, it advances and speeds up expansion and us, the consumer reap all the benefits.