Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't believe this thing will have a queue to get in when it first opens. Gotta love "I was there first" culture.
I really doubt it'll have much of a queue beyond the first maybe hour or so? Pretty much all of the media/bloggers will have seen it by that point anyway and i'm sure CMs and possibly APs will get a preview as well. This place can hold people, it's a fairly significant amount of space when you consider it's pretty much an interactive water play area.

It'll be popular with families, but this is never going to be somewhere that is crazy busy.

I really doubt it'll have much of a queue beyond the first maybe hour or so? Pretty much all of the media/bloggers will have seen it by that point anyway and i'm sure CMs and possibly APs will get a preview as well. This place can hold people, it's a fairly significant amount of space when you consider it's pretty much an interactive water play area.

It'll be popular with families, but this is never going to be somewhere that is crazy busy.

I'm not expecting Tron like queues, but pretty much anything new nowadays is jam packed the first couple of days and I'm sure there's a limit to just how many people fit in here. It's not that big of a space.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Looks larger than necessary
It's about the size of the Innoventions space it took over which wasn't being used for anything for years before they tore it down. While I would've like to have seen some sort of ride here even if it was just a small carousel or something within the area, I don't have an issue with it and it flows into Nemo nicely.

I have a bigger issue with what they've done to Walt. Man looks like he was just trying to take a crap and they went and turned it into a statue.
walt-the-dreamer-statue-dreamers-point-1.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like this area will basically is basically an edutainment walkthrough exhibit at it's core with a focus on the water cycle. I can appreciate what they are going for, but still wish that there had been some sort of flat connected to the area.
img_3916.jpg

journey-water-moana-educational-signs-5.jpg

Oh boy can’t wait for the blog post on Monday and five more months on construction.
The ridiculous thing is this seemingly was ready for the most part like, last year. They are only waiting for Fall to debut this so that the whole middle plaza gardens, communicore hall, and Moana debut at the same time, which will likely be right around when the new fireworks show starts.

Doing that all at once provides a larger media hit for them than opening piecemeal in their eyes seemingly because there's really no reason it can't be open today.

The ridiculous thing is this seemingly was ready for the most part like, last year. They are only waiting for Fall to debut this so that the whole middle plaza gardens, communicore hall, and Moana debut at the same time, which will likely be right around when the new fireworks show starts.

Doing that all at once provides a larger media hit for them than opening piecemeal in their eyes seemingly because there's really no reason it can't be open today.

I will be amazed if the gardens and Communicore hall are ready by Fall. They look like they are way behind schedule.

I will be amazed if the gardens and Communicore hall are ready by Fall. They look like they are way behind schedule.
The plaza will be ready for sure I think. Most of it is concrete and foliage (plus the Walt-on-a-toilet statue) and they've already started to put foliage in place and concrete goes in pretty quickly. There's also no fountain so they aren't behind on anything that would take time like that.

Not sure about Communicore Hall. It's pretty much enclosed. I'm not quite sure what the inside is going to look like, but if I base it off of what the new gift shop/fast food location in the area look like, i'd say they'll be going for a minimalist design which shouldbe quicker to finish. But I can see that not opening with everything.