Monsters Cafe Closing | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Cafe Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, the restaurant's room themes were a bit tacky and cheesy....but that actually reflected what the classic Universal Monster movies were, namely a bit of horror, fun, cheese, and unintended comedy. Those movies are cult classics, but they certainly weren't Cannes film festival level movies. In that regard, the restaurant was pretty damn authentic.

I can say I never ate there. We did go in to check out the theming and use the Freestyle machines and I really liked the theming. Sad to see it go, but now we just wait for Epic.

I do wish they'd have a permanent Monsters tribute store in USF though.

The Mummy is based on the 90s adaptation, but I think it's still worth acknowledging that USF's main E-Ticket is based on a Universal Monster. They get a headlining spot every HHN. The HMUS queue and Mummy gift shop both serve as good spots for UCM props, history, merch. They're stronger than ever as a brand in the parks imo.