Monsters Inc. Land | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Inc. Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At least from my view, there is a lot of room elsewhere in the park, and the coaster is gonna take up a significant amount of space behind that showbuilding set. Muppet's Courtyard is an incredibly small alcove that wouldn't give them much extra space to work with compared to the backlash they'd recieve for removing it. I think they'd have to specifically decide to remove that area above other options, and I don't see them weighing that opportunity cost against Muppets. I think Muppet's Courtyard being incredibly tiny could be the key reason why it is potentially safe honestly.

If it isn't, I hope it at least gets the dignity of FoLK and ends up moved elsewhere on property. I get that the theatre is way more intensive than FoLK was, but let me dream a bit here!

Another option presented without opinion:

Well, for my enjoyment of the park, I don't ride RNRC, so this would be a vast personal upgrade.

It would be bad for the park, overall. Expansions, not replacements (and no, I don't count getting rid of Animation Courtyard as replacing; there hasn't been anything of value there in a very, very long time).

EXPAND. THE. CURRENT. ATTRACTIONS. ROSTER.

Another interesting angle in the muppets saga. Brayden is insinuating that something is planned for muppets at wdw if muppetvision does go.

Another interesting angle in the muppets saga. Brayden is insinuating that something is planned for muppets at wdw if muppetvision does go.

His contention seems to be that Animation Courtyard is too small (Muppets is smaller!) and that Disney doesn't want to move the office infrastructure back there.

To that second point, I say, "Tough." The park must expand back there eventually. Do it now.

Another option presented without opinion:

Possibly a longshot, but what's happening with RnR gives this some credence. RnR is just recently back from its second recent extended refurb, and its still not working right. I've noticed that its generally down 20 to 35% on many days. If they can't get this right, a replacement could be in the works.

Reactions: Nico
Possibly a longshot, but what's happening with RnR gives this some credence. RnR is just recently back from its second recent extended refurb, and its still not working right. I've noticed that its generally down 20 to 35% on many days. If they can't get this right, a replacement could be in the works.
If one of your most popular rides in the park is still having problems....well, maybe the solution is to do a very extensive refurb (Replace the track, the ride operation software, etc) and then market it with a new band to go along with it (Ahem POWERLINE from Goofy Movie!?!?). Do that and I guarantee people will love it. I'm actually a little disappointed that wasn't announced at D23. If they did that announcement and then had Powerline perform at D23, the crowd would have erupted. I guarantee it.

But back to my point which I already stressed in a previous post, if a major new theme park is opening down the road and you have room to expand....maybe replacing one of your most beloved rides for another one isn't the way to go.

Oh, and removing RnRC would mean there would be absolutely no roller coaster with inversions on the Disney property. None. Which would be crazy.

Reactions: Jake S