Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America (HHN 33) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Things (Clues?) From The Podcast:

- I instantly thought of Graveyard Games, Scarecrow, and Yeti when hearing this podcast. I have a strong suspicion that this house will deal with the illusion of the outdoors with glimpses into future scenes/a “hub” forest. I’m imagining corn stalks or trees in the place of chainlink fences. Especially reminded with the idea of “escondite” (hide and seek) with each of the kids being raptured in turn. It would also allow for scares that don’t rely on high-budget costumes.

- The promise of a “cabin” sequence for Tlahuelpuchi is reminding me of the sequences in Carnival Graveyard, Winter’s Night, and Winter’s Wake, in which you are pulled out of the “outdoor” area of the house and suddenly in an enclosed space. I think this is going to be a show stopping sequence. I also am reminded of the Jaws boat house and how effective it is to have those dramatic changes of scenery.

- Really excited for the “La Lechuza” section, too, as the thought of a bungee-style attack is thrilling, and makes a lot of sense when you consider why they put this into a soundstage.

- The concept of putting La Lechuza in a barn is great - love the visual pun of a “barn owl”. The description of her crashing through the barn ceiling really has me wondering if we’ll have an optical illusion like in Scarecrow where the building you’re in appears to have a broken floor and you feel as though you’re descending into a cellar or silo.

- The old radio and flickering lights mentioned in the “El Silbon” section remind me of the finale of “The Shining”… and that’s exciting.

- Even if the POV characters don’t actually make an appearance, I think the story gives a good idea of what victim kills may look like. It seems that this house promises a fair amount of gore and reliance on victims.

- The possibility that Muerte could played by a female-presenting person and the shape-shifting aspect has great potential, but I’m doubtful they’ll use that in the house. If so, I picture a Snow White’s Scary Adventures reveal about 3/4 through the house.

- I wonder if they’ll borrow the conceit of Muerte from Hollywood as the storyteller/monster-explainer, and if so, if it will take form as a beggar woman or the grim reaper from the beginning.

- Feels like the finale will be day-glow calaveras.

- The visual of a Grim Reaper beckoning us to our grave feels very “Phantom Manor”, which is a little silly but I totally dig it.

- VERY interesting that they explicitly mentioned Bugs at the end, crawling out of the grave. Maybe we get a bug “underground” hallway with a surprise cameo?

- Overall, I think that this house has jumped to my most anticipated as of yet, especially as I imagine the way that they can utilize “greatest hit” sequences into a unique premise that will undoubtedly be received super-well with local audiences.

EDIT: Forgot to clock that they count to “33” when playing escondite - great Easter egg!

Last edited: