CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there any chance that this could be an escape room?

Obviously, it’s not the best time to be building one.

I have no idea what's going on, so this is an exciting project for me to watch. But my gut says not to expect anything like that (nor do I expect a Nintendo presence, yet). Outside of Bubba Gumps and Starbucks this is easily the hottest retail location in CityWalk, I expect them to do something with a broad appeal. My heart tells me it'll be a new studios store designed by the visual retail team that does the HHN and Mardi Gras Tribute Stores.

I have no idea what's going on, so this is an exciting project for me to watch. But my gut says not to expect anything like that (nor do I expect a Nintendo presence, yet). Outside of Bubba Gumps and Starbucks this is easily the hottest retail location in CityWalk, I expect them to do something with a broad appeal. My heart tells me it'll be a new studios store designed by the visual retail team that does the HHN and Mardi Gras Tribute Stores.
Please sweet Lord let this be it

I'm still going with the new combined space being a new highly themed Universal Studios Store with the current Universal Studios Store becoming an Epic Universe Preview Center.

After EU opens it will become a new Universal O&O counter service dining location.

Anyway, that's my bet.
Pardon me being a moron, but.. what is O&O?

So...if the current Universal Store becomes a counter service restaurant, what will it be? My money is on burgers (5 Guys, BurgerFi, D-Luxe) or Strips (Chicken Guy, PDQ, Zaxby's)

Thoughts?

So...if the current Universal Store becomes a counter service restaurant, what will it be? My money is on burgers (5 Guys, BurgerFi, D-Luxe) or Strips (Chicken Guy, PDQ, Zaxby's)

Thoughts?
What about something more creative? Use the upstairs space as well where Rising Star is and do something like a Jekyll & Hyde or something like The Edison? Maybe make this a Nintendo Store?

I agree though that a Chicken Guy type place would be extremely popular. Something a little different like an Asian place I would be more interested in if they're going with food. Or what about a Wine bar like Wine Bar George? Something that makes almost too much sense to me is for Universal to build a restaurant down by/over the water. It could be a more upscale place with a great atmosphere by the water.

Reactions: Disneyhead
What about something more creative? Use the upstairs space as well where Rising Star is and do something like a Jekyll & Hyde or something like The Edison? Maybe make this a Nintendo Store?

I agree though that a Chicken Guy type place would be extremely popular. Something a little different like an Asian place I would be more interested in if they're going with food. Or what about a Wine bar like Wine Bar George? Something that makes almost too much sense to me is for Universal to build a restaurant down by/over the water. It could be a more upscale place with a great atmosphere by the water.

If Uni wants more appealing quick service options for CW, they should replace/refurbish the fast food court. This location is way too prime time for just another quick service location

I think Citywalk needs an infusion of some good ol' BBQ.
You're not going to get good BBBQ sharing a kitchen with Hot Dog Hall of Fame

If Uni wants more appealing quick service options for CW, they should replace/refurbish the fast food court. This location is way too prime time for just another quick service location
I think Uni is actually probably satisfied with the business the FF court is doing currently. Here's the thing: That's a TERRIBLE location up there, but it has the name brands of Moe's, Burger King and Panda Express to get people to go up there. If they replace it, they have to be absolutely sure that people will care about it enough to go up there for it.

I think Uni is actually probably satisfied with the business the FF court is doing currently. Here's the thing: That's a TERRIBLE location up there, but it has the name brands of Moe's, Burger King and Panda Express to get people to go up there. If they replace it, they have to be absolutely sure that people will care about it enough to go up there for it.
I'm saying keep it as a chain place, but better options. Five Guys instead of BK, Chipotle instead of Moe's, etc.

The Wine Bar makes a lot of sense tbh, could fit the space very easily and offer cheese boards and custom made bottles for the resort. Off the top of my head, there isn't a place at Citywalk where you can just sit-down and enjoy a glass without having to go into a bar and sit-down, so this would be more unique and grow their crowd offering a bit. Id save a chicken place to replace one or two of the Fast Food options on the top level. Wine Bar sounds lovely and as a hotel guest it seems like it'd be a relaxing place to sit and have a glass or two before heading into the parks for a nighttime show. Just my thoughts on it. Wouldn't shock me if its just a Nintendo store but Universal seems focused on new dining experiences lately so to me, a Wine Bar adds good variety not currently offered in a more casual setting.

Edit: Also, since EU is rumored to have like several restaurants, a Wine Bar or store just seem naturally more likely to me here. Id imagine their saving their "big" ideas regarding dining for one of the EU restaurants. Especially now in a post Covid World but who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTank and Nick

The high profile centralized location lends itself for something more grand than a CS burger joint. But that also means that a CS burger joint would make BANK!

You're not going to get good BBBQ sharing a kitchen with Hot Dog Hall of Fame
Fair point there.

Alright I'm down for a chicken tender place then.

How about a "build your own" mac n cheese place. That sounds fun, right? :lol:

I'm expecting a themed retail store with interactive elements to provide some sens of experience

i.e. Spongebob Store, but a little more plussing

Experience-based retail is kind of where things are going anyway...So it makes sense for Universal to go this route

Last edited: