Most Gorgeous Park Ever? | Inside Universal Forums

Most Gorgeous Park Ever?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 12, 2021
From the vintage Port of Entry, the cheesy yet charming comic aesthetic of the Marvel and Toon Lagoon lands, the mystique and grand beauty of Lost Continent, and Jurassic Park and Hogwarts being Jurassic Park and Hogwarts. I’d probably come back sometime just to visit the streets and shops, maybe a restaurant or two, Islands of Adventure is just that breathtaking.

Oh and yeah Seuss Landing is a thing.

Reactions: IOAGuy and Skold
This technically isn't a full park, but World Showcase at EPCOT legitimately doesn't feel like a theme park at times. It's that beautiful. It makes the incredibly ugly Future World even worse in comparison.

Oh yeah I remember EPCOT being pretty decent, though Frozen being shoehorned in Norway alight hurts the theming.

This park is so special to me as I visited as a child the year it opened & it blew my mind. To this day, it still does. I’m so excited that I get to experience that newness all over again, with Epic Universe.

We visited with children in our extended group this year & I got to experience parts I’ve never done, like the play areas, camp Jurassic, we did the character meets, ate in different places. There’s so much beauty in the park, and it was great to see it from some different angles.

For all the times we’ve been in the park, we’ve never discovered the walkway near the rapids / Olives ship. Standing there on the evening, watching the rapids, hulk to one side, velocicoaster on the other, Mythos across the lake, just taking it in. Magic.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
My top IOA lands-
-Potter (does it even count? Not exclusive)
-Lost Continent
-Seuss
-Port of Entry

The Jurassic area has also greatly improved

Gotta say I love USH. The entrance road is amazing, and it has some spectacular views off the mountain.

Reactions: UAN17
IOA is pretty darn gorgeous in many places, with a lot of nooks and crannies with details you might initially miss out on. Park is downright beautiful at night, too.

IOA has some of the best thematic elements but sometimes you can't forget the natural beauty of parks like Busch Gardens Williamsburgh, Silver Dollar City, or Efteling.

Fully agreed, especially with Efteling. That park is literally smack dab in a forest, and they've clearly done a great job keeping it while still adding one themed attraction after another.

I guess I would have liked Seuss Landing better if there were any childhood works of his I could love as an adult. Plus if I remember correctly they toned down the Cat in the Hat ride.

I would argue DisneySea, Phantasialand, and Efteling are certainly more beautiful

Yet, IOA 1999 was an instant love for me, more magical than anything at Disney

It's still my fave

I went in September that year and was blown away, jaw hanging down and all, from the moment we arrived until we left. Bought the soundtrack that day and still haven't had any other park cause that reaction. BG Williamsburg was really nice as well but still not IOA.

I went in September that year and was blown away, jaw hanging down and all, from the moment we arrived until we left. Bought the soundtrack that day and still haven't had any other park cause that reaction. BG Williamsburg was really nice as well but still not IOA.

I mean the conceit was "most gorgeous park" lol

There’s some nice sentiment here but most gorgeous EVER? I dont know…I think it has excellent theming and placemaking but I dont know if I’d consider Marvel or Toon Lagoon “gorgeous” (even though they’re perfect for what they set out to do). From my perspective, Universal takes the average amusement park foundation and heightens it by going all out on the exterior, but that foundation is still there—next to Poseidon’s temple, you’ve got a bare bones popcorn stand with a flashy screen telling you what snacks to buy. Walking through Jurassic Park, you’ve got a jungle all around you broken up by an advertisement for Coke or Express Passes. I think that’s the difference between great theming and being “gorgeous.”

I’m not the most well-traveled amusement park visitor but I’d say Disneyland Paris is probably the prettiest park…even stateside Animal Kingdom, World Showcase, and the Frontierland/Liberty Square half of Magic Kingdom are more beautiful. Trees, open spaces, water, and a lack of overtly theme park-y structures are what I’m looking for personally.