MSHI Expansion? | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To me, Lost Continent needs the most attention. That area is beautiful with nothing but a walkthrough attraction (which has some cool features) and a show. I remember the first time I went through it resulted in me loving the area but being completely underwhelmed by what it had to offer. It absolutely screams for an awesome dark ride based upon mythological creatures (without stepping on HP's toes). Toon Lagoon could use some refurbs or upgrades, especially with Dudley. Dudley could use some more theming. Then, replace the unused stage show with a dark ride. With the available IP, they could really make an awesome ride work there. Cat In The Hat could use a refurb but I think that Suess Island is pretty well represented.

LC's theming is amazing but lacks any support without an actual ride. Poseidon's is great but a ride would much better suit this area.

To me, Lost Continent needs the most attention. That area is beautiful with nothing but a walkthrough attraction (which has some cool features) and a show. I remember the first time I went through it resulted in me loving the area but being completely underwhelmed by what it had to offer. It absolutely screams for an awesome dark ride based upon mythological creatures (without stepping on HP's toes). Toon Lagoon could use some refurbs or upgrades, especially with Dudley. Dudley could use some more theming. Then, replace the unused stage show with a dark ride. With the available IP, they could really make an awesome ride work there. Cat In The Hat could use a refurb but I think that Suess Island is pretty well represented.
Ironic, LC used to be the most fleshed out land at IOA before Potter...Now it is a shadow of its former self

Bring in Berk

Both Pokémon and Zelda were in the original pitch, with Zelda having way more in it than Pokémon.
But that pitch was before they got approvals from Nintendo... Since teaming up with Nintendo, those franchises have absent from the plans... Not that they wouldn't show up elsewhere, but we still have no evidence that they actually will.

Universal will be at the mercy of Nintendo on which properties they can and can't use... But they'd be crazy not to do Pokemon.

But that pitch was before they got approvals from Nintendo... Since teaming up with Nintendo, those franchises have absent from the plans... Not that they wouldn't show up elsewhere, but we still have no evidence that they actually will.

Universal will be at the mercy of Nintendo on which properties they can and can't use... But they'd be crazy not to do Pokemon.
They’d also be crazy to not do Zelda.
When you pitch something you throw everything at the wall to see what sticks...I just don't see Zelda happening...I know people have an affinity for it
It’s part of Nintendo’s big three and is their most popular franchise that appeals to the older demographic that Universal typically caters to. It’s happening along with Pokémon.

If we were talking about Metroid you’d have point but not Zelda. Anyway isn’t this the Marvel thread?

They’d also be crazy to not do Zelda.

It’s part of Nintendo’s big three and is their most popular franchise that appeals to the older demographic that Universal typically caters to. It’s happening along with Pokémon.

If we were talking about Metroid you’d have point but not Zelda. Anyway isn’t this the Marvel thread?

I don't doubt Zelda is popular, but I doubt the parents and those who are not interested in Nintendo in general are interested in the franchise as with Mario and Pokemon. Mario is the Mickey Mouse of the video games, and that's why Universal and Nintendo are focusing on him as of now.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I don't doubt Zelda is popular, but I doubt the parents and those who are not interested in Nintendo in general are interested in the franchise as with Mario and Pokemon. Mario is the Mickey Mouse of the video games, and that's why Universal and Nintendo are focusing on him as of now.
I know. I’m saying it’ll come later, but it’s still coming. I don’t expect anything else besides Zelda and Pokémon unless it’s a small thing put in one of the other lands like how some people said there could be tiny Pikmin hidden around Mario.