Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Experience

I received a strong suggestion/hint from very up high that the "A-Car" DeLorean will be transferring over to a "new home once it's completed construction" soon, so I'm crossing my fingers it ends up inside the HoH replacement.

Whatever they're doing doesn't seem to be moving as quickly as some other projects. 

LowerLot_120415_1.jpg
LowerLot_120415_2.jpg

I'm curious if construction has stalled due to various new plans they may have for the lower lots' potential new lay out and new attractions I've heard about, or if maybe they're planning to put Hello Kitty in this spot. Orlando's Lucy a Tribute is now also closed to be made into Hello Kitty but construction has slowed down. Maybe we're getting similar plans?

I'm curious if construction has stalled due to various new plans they may have for the lower lots' potential new lay out and new attractions I've heard about, or if maybe they're planning to put Hello Kitty in this spot. Orlando's Lucy a Tribute is now also closed to be made into Hello Kitty but construction has slowed down. Maybe we're getting similar plans?
Yes, I think it will be Hello Kitty.  You're exactly right about the one in Orlando and I know Hollywood had already announced it so that's a good guess.  I wonder what's taking so long though.

I was just wondering about the Hello Kitty meet-n-greet/photo-op "attraction" they announced when I passed through Cartooniversal yesterday. I was like "Oh yea... I forgot all about that". I guess I suspected it to end up in the new HoH location... but this location would make sense if they're doing the same as Orlando..

And if this IS where Hello Kitty will be located, that really emphasizes my reaction to the new "PETS" ride being on the Lower Lot. Its just such a weird combo of "scary" content and then the random addition of "cute" lol..

My question is though... it they do put Hello Kitty here, won't that just continue to make the future Lower Lot expansion more awkward? Unless it will be like the Upper Lot having different side streets to get to different rides/attractions & what not. Even though it isn't bigger, I'm surprised they didn't just use the "character store" (which is so unnecessary) across from Mummy instead so they could just eventually demolish this location for future space.

I'll place this here..IU has pics of the newly redone façade for NBCUniversal Experiences replacement..

CaeslV1UkAArhnz.jpg

CaeslV4VAAAk20k.jpg

Annd...is it just me, or why do I think this is for something more than a Grab and Go? They wouldn't make this much of a effort to redo the façade, especially considering the odds.

Last edited by a moderator:
This building is oddly shaped and does a poor job of framing the Transformers mural.  Sad since that's the only approach to the attraction.

LowerLot_020516_1.jpg

Notice this wall with the vertical adornments is flat but the rest of the front is curved.  Looks almost like two different buildings.  Any chance this remodel is for two retail fronts?  One of the four fins seems to be getting ready for signage, perhaps a cool blade sign appropriate to the architecture.  That would further obscure the Transformers mural, however. 

LowerLot_020516_1a.jpg

LowerLot_020516_2.jpg

I'm glad.  The Petersen is much closer to Universal.  Still wish they had a way to display it at Uni though, it was always cool to see, being my favorite movie of all time.

@upsidown Honestly, I really hate Universals decision of getting rid of the NBCUniversal experience. I feel like Universal is focusing a little too much on the theme park, and less on the actual movie studio. I mean, the NBCUniversal experience was truly one of those last aspects of movie magic in Universal. I also really miss those random mini street entertainment shows. Like Tapworks. 

Does anyone know if Universal will be bringing Tapworks back?.

A video I filmed of Tapworks: 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/71dSRDG39LY?feature=oembed