Netflix's Resident Evil | Inside Universal Forums

Netflix's Resident Evil

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it looks generic, if this gets over a 6/10 reviews I'd be suprised

I always want these to be good..but animated..live action...doesn't matter doesn't seem as good as the games.

It looks... fine? I am an unabashed fan of everything Resident Evil from the games to the Millia Jovovich adaptation series and I even (forced) myself to have some fun with Welcome to Racoon City. This feels like a reboot of the MJ series; taking bits and pieces of the lore and injecting them into a generic, frenzied horror-action set piece extravaganza. It looks like it has the potential to be the best live action adaptation of the game franchise but that's definitely not saying a ton.

I just loathe the fact that no one seems to want to do an atmospheric, foreboding, hellishly frightening version of the original Spencer mansion incident. It can literally write itself.

As a RE fan, I'll pass on this one. I can't even begin to describe how badly this is going to flop. A shiny trailer still doesn't change the fact they've just slapped resident evil's name on some zombie story and totally devoid of the actual RE storylines and plots.

Reactions: chris.g
Hahaha, what the heck is this?! I legitimately thought it would have been more accurate in its adaptation when I first heard this was happening. Big pass now that the teaser's out.

Reactions: Paulio
Hahaha, what the heck is this?! I legitimately thought it would have been more accurate in its adaptation when I first heard this was happening. Big pass now that the teaser's out.

Any live-action movie based on a RE franchise is always going to be a no-no and the trailers proves what everyone already thinks about them. Would rather stick to Netflix's Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness, which, despite how also bad it is, is at least faithful to the RE franchise.