New Project for Dinoland? | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im here for the attraction thats not the issue, this park just has no balance imo. Its weird, sorta has no flow. Maybe this would help with that however.

Also anyone who says Zootopia is irrelevant, please go ahead yourself and google the box office numbers. If anything Disney maybe was a tad slow on developing a ride but, eh? Great movie. Im excited for the ride but it being here makes me take AK "less seriously" if that makes sense. Especially if this fits elsewhere.

Im here for the attraction thats not the issue, this park just has no balance imo. Its weird, sorta has no flow. Maybe this would help with that however.

Also anyone who says Zootopia is irrelevant, please go ahead yourself and google the box office numbers. If anything Disney maybe was a tad slow on developing a ride but, eh? Great movie. Im excited for the ride but it being here makes me take AK "less seriously" if that makes sense. Especially if this fits elsewhere.
Zootopia is also constantly trending fairly high on Disney+. People really enjoy the movie.

Zootopia is also constantly trending fairly high on Disney+. People really enjoy the movie.

Purely anecdotal, and I realize they're relatively easy to put together, but Zootopia costumes up there with Mickey/Minnie and pirates for teens and older at 2019's Halloween parties. Judy Hopps would come down the parade route and dance with a version of herself every 20 feet.

I just don't get the need for Disney to "reach" for ZOOTOPIA, when there are perfectly logical and far more natural fits for Animal Kingdom in JUNGLE BOOK and (an expanded presence for) THE LION KING.

If they follow thru with the conceit of different ecosystems = different boroughs, I think it fits DAK as well as it fits any of the parks. That said, Lion King makes a lot more sense to me.

Ya’ll gonna be so torn when Zootopia is the best ride in the park...

Do you know something about the ride that we don't?

If they follow thru with the conceit of different ecosystems = different boroughs, I think it fits DAK as well as it fits any of the parks. That said, Lion King makes a lot more sense to me.

They've already shown off concept art of the land in Shanghai, it's totally an urban area...
ztp02984302346827491283fi-624x351.jpg

zootopia-shanghai-disney-e1566908341983.jpg

Reactions: SeventyOne
Purely anecdotal, and I realize they're relatively easy to put together, but Zootopia costumes up there with Mickey/Minnie and pirates for teens and older at 2019's Halloween parties. Judy Hopps would come down the parade route and dance with a version of herself every 20 feet.
Hmm....I.....hmmm
Shanghai-style Jungle Book boat ride with realistic animal animatronics sounded like a winner. You could easily solve the unthemed ceiling problem with foliage. However, for the suits, Zootopia is the obvious choice over Jungle Book simply on the basis of merch sales and franchise potential. Also, hasn't a Zootopia 2 been rumored for years specifically because of its profitability in China and the US?

Zootopia might be my favorite Disney movie. Love the message at the heart of the story and love the Nick/Judy relationship. And I have been waiting for a sequel since the original.

I’m fine with it going into AK for two reasons. One, the park needs more rides. Period. And two, I’ve just accepted that all new Disney rides are going to be IP centric. I’ve already mourned that issue and I’ve moved on to acceptance. I think it happened with Malestrom, and saw what a good job they did with it, space and budget constraints, and how excited I was at the end of the ride. I was fully prepared to hate it...and I didn’t. At that point I realized I wanted to see my favorite characters in rides.

Are there better thematic fits? Absolutely. Why there isn’t a Lion King E-Ticket in AK is beyond me. Jungle Book? Fits thematically but I’d argue it’s not relevant in 2021.

I know lots of you are disappointed with this possible addition, but I’d be pumped if it actually happens and the GP would be too. It might even have longer lines then FoP.

When Rhode announced he was stepping away I hoped it meant the addition of Disney characters. Looks like it does.

Last edited:
Reactions: n i c k
Zootopia might be my favorite Disney movie. Love the message at the heart of the story and love the Nick/Judy relationship. And I have been waiting for a sequel since the original.

I’m fine with it going into AK for two reasons. One, the park needs more rides. Period. And two, I’ve just accepted that all new Disney rides are going to be IP centric. I’ve already mourned that issue and I’ve moved on to acceptance. I think it happened with Makestrom, and saw what a good job they did with it, space and budget constraints, and how excited I was at the end of the ride. I was fully prepared to hate it...and I didn’t. At that point I realized I wanted to see my favorite characters in rides.

Are there better thematic fits? Absolutely. Why there isn’t a Lion King E-Ticket in AK is beyond me. Jungle Book? Fits thematically but I’d argue it’s not relevant in 2021.

I know lots of you are disappointed with this possible addition, but I’d be pumped if it actually happens and the GP would be too. It might even have longer lines then FoP.

When Rhode announced he was stepping away I hoped it meant the addition of Disney characters. Looks like it does.
So many opportunities to add thematically appropriate Disney characters though.

Hell even Ice Age fits the bill. Animals of the past, present, and fantasy.

EDIT: I would just like to note that I would not like Ice Age in the parks. This was merely a hypothetical example. Please don't reply with a treatise on how Ice Age would be bad.

So many opportunities to add thematically appropriate Disney characters though.

Hell even Ice Age fits the bill. Animals of the past, present, and fantasy.

EDIT: I would just like to note that I would not like Ice Age in the parks. This was merely a hypothetical example. Please don't reply with a treatise on how Ice Age would be bad.
Ice Age and Rio would both fit really well...

Honestly... I really don’t hate the idea. I think every park has a place for fantasy, including Animal Kingdom (which was always meant to have a fantastical element). I know this isn’t as realistic as dragons by any means, but if they can create a well contained and well themed area to Zootopia, I’m down.

As an "outsider" that hasn't seen Zootopia (I'll have to add it to my list) and, heck, hasn't been to AK since before Pandora opened... I can see and understand some of both sides of the issue. But if it's hypothetically going to happen, I'm glad to hear it's supposed to be a well-themed land with a great attraction.

The idea of a Zootopia land makes me so disillusioned with WDI... Largely inconsequential in the scheme of things, but it’s just massively disappointing to hear the rumor. I strongly hope it doesn’t come to DAK.

Reactions: belloq87
Honestly... I really don’t hate the idea. I think every park has a place for fantasy, including Animal Kingdom (which was always meant to have a fantastical element). I know this isn’t as realistic as dragons by any means, but if they can create a well contained and well themed area to Zootopia, I’m down.

Everyone is acting like this a mouse, a duck and a dog, all human-sized, walking and talking and workng as Ghostbusters or whatver. Again, each "borough" of Zootopia corresponds to an ecosystem where the appropriate animals live (e.g. polar bears in Tundra Town). The animals maintain a lot of their natural characteristics--the mouse is tiny, the rabbits have dozens of kids, the sloth is slow. SPOILER, but the whole plot of the movie relies on the underlying tension between former predators and prey. While I'd rather TLK, to me this is a far better fit to a broad theme of "animals" than watching a drum circle from Planet Cultural Appropriation.

Everyone is acting like this a mouse, a duck and a dog, all human-sized, walking and talking and workng as Ghostbusters or whatver. Again, each "borough" of Zootopia corresponds to an ecosystem where the appropriate animals live (e.g. polar bears in Tundra Town). The animals maintain a lot of their natural characteristics--the mouse is tiny, the rabbits have dozens of kids, the sloth is slow. SPOILER, but the whole plot of the movie relies on the underlying tension between former predators and prey. While I'd rather TLK, to me this is a far better fit to a broad theme of "animals" than watching a drum circle from Planet Cultural Appropriation.
Yea, Festival of The Lion King isn't exactly educational about animal-related issues, but it is only 1 attraction in a land, (at least now that it moved to Africa,) that has several attractions that are educational about animal-related issues.

Even It's Tough to Be a Bug *attempts* to teach compassion for not murdering insects or whatever, I guess lol.

Me personally, I'd be happy to get new attractions, and as long as they don't claim the Zootopia ride takes place in a real-world continent, I don't mind.

But you know, it was Mr. Rohde that was the most against it, not so much us:

Just look at that Zootopia concept art, and compare it to the rest of AK. Good or not (it looks great tbh), it sticks out like a sore thumb. Only way imo this works in AK is if there is indeed a train to Zootopia to start off the experience and transport us there, if not then this is a waste of space in AK where other parks could use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.