New Project for Dinoland? | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Redone" as in improved/added-to, or "redone" as in totally rethemed?

The former would be great, the latter would be extremely disappointing, given the existence of the Asia plot.
I feel like they don't have any concept or plan when it comes to Dinoland

I'm sure there's plenty of "concepts" but no real vision right now

If I'm honest, I tend to think AK will go into a similar sleep pattern than HS and Epcot went into

Reactions: belloq87
I've not seen Zootopia -- but it seems it is naughtazoo but it brings up Zoo in a park that is naughtazoo. Eh, guess that's why I try not to overthink any of it.

I guess a city near the Dino institute could be as real as a ride side attraction with a cute backstory -- on the way to the Nemo theatre -- I'm just not sure what doesn't work in that area (considering currently the big carnival ride is closed at the ride side attraction). Anyway, to me, currently I would rather see them replace Dinoland before building on a new plot.

I've not seen Zootopia -- but it seems it is naughtazoo but it brings up Zoo in a park that is naughtazoo. Eh, guess that's why I try not to overthink any of it.

I guess a city near the Dino institute could be as real as a ride side attraction with a cute backstory -- on the way to the Nemo theatre -- I'm just not sure what doesn't work in that area (considering currently the big carnival ride is closed at the ride side attraction). Anyway, to me, currently I would rather see them replace Dinoland before building on a new plot.
I honestly have no idea why Disney doesn't copy and paste some of their concepts from DisneySea

That goes for all parks

I feel like they don't have any concept or plan when it comes to Dinoland

I'm sure there's plenty of "concepts" but no real vision right now

If I'm honest, I tend to think AK will go into a similar sleep pattern than HS and Epcot went into

Disney wanted to create this Dino-Institute concept for the land and the mashed it up with a road side attraction that you would find outside Disney World.

Just make it an ambiguous concept of Dinosaurs. That’s it. That’s all you need. Gives you so much freedom. Look at the lands of MK, broad concepts that allow plenty of different rides and IP to exist in one land. Not every land need to be Potter or Star Wars. Stop boxing yourself in with all these IP specific lands.

Reactions: UPSguy
Disney wanted to create this Dino-Institute concept for the land and the mashed it up with a road side attraction that you would find outside Disney World.

Just make it an ambiguous concept of Dinosaurs. That’s it. That’s all you need. Gives you so much freedom. Look at the lands of MK, broad concepts that allow plenty of different rides and IP to exist in one land. Not every land need to be Potter or Star Wars. Stop boxing yourself in with all these IP specific lands.
The DinoLand concept way pre-dated Potter + Star Wars.

I’ve always assumed the carnival games made bank and that’s why the land hasn’t been touched.

I don’t know for sure, but I suspect there’s some sort of exclusivity deal with Oriental Land Company that prevents from happening.
Almost all of which have expired by now. Multiple variants of TDS concepts have almost come to DAK specifically. Most famously/publicly Mysterious Island almost going in the CMM/Pandora plot.

A smallish woodie like Invadr at BGW would do. Would blend in decently with all of the nature.
Yes a nice GCI would hit the spot

I meant moving forward they don't have a vision for the space

Almost all of which have expired by now. Multiple variants of TDS concepts have almost come to DAK specifically. Most famously/publicly Mysterious Island almost going in the CMM/Pandora plot.
Do we know the possible reason for that decision? Mysterious Island would fit really well somewhere in the park I feel I guess especially compared to Zootopia for aesthetic reasons.

Do we know the possible reason for that decision? Mysterious Island would fit really well somewhere in the park I feel I guess especially compared to Zootopia for aesthetic reasons.
I think recession killed that, but I’m sure someone that was paying attention to theme parks more at the time would know.

Went to Animal Kingdom for the first time today since 2018...sheesh. Dinoland STINKS! Needs a renovation ASAP but I know it won’t happen for a while. Honestly, I’d love for them to do Zootopia but then again i’d like to wait to see how the Shanghai version turns out. I’d think it would be a great land for kids though. As long as Dinosaur stays (or that ride system stays at the very least) idc what they do with the land but it needs a revamp this decade.

Went to Animal Kingdom for the first time today since 2018...sheesh. Dinoland STINKS! Needs a renovation ASAP but I know it won’t happen for a while. Honestly, I’d love for them to do Zootopia but then again i’d like to wait to see how the Shanghai version turns out. I’d think it would be a great land for kids though. As long as Dinosaur stays (or that ride system stays at the very least) idc what they do with the land but it needs a revamp this decade.

I mean, a rethemed Dinosaur ride as a ride along with Judy and Nick going through the different burrows of Zootopia doesn’t sound like a terrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.