Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not upset about characters/rides not fitting theme-I mourned this issue and I’ve gotten to the acceptance stage. I am torn about Zootopia because I love it so much I feel that it deserves its own brand new ride-not a reskin. And like Nick keeps saying WDW parks need more rides, not replacements.

But I could see that rotunda area in Dinosaur easily being converted to the entrance to Zootopia PD with Clawhouser’s desk set up, and the cars converted to Judy’s police vehicle.
Pandora proved to me that with a little intentionality you can make things work

Disney and Universal can sometimes just shove things in with little intentionality

Aren't they doing Moana in Epcot? Are they going to have it in two parks?
They have Toy Story, Frozen, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and more have a significant presence in multiple parks. This isn't going against any pre-existing way of doing business for WDW.

They have Toy Story, Frozen, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and more have a significant presence in multiple parks. This isn't going against any pre-existing way of doing business for WDW.

They don't have entire lands devoted to those characters in multiple parks do they?

They don't have entire lands devoted to those characters in multiple parks do they?
Moana is hardly a "land" at epcot. it's a wlkthrough water play area with no ride. I bet if you measured the area that this thing takes up or the area beasts castle takes up for example, Beasts castle/Be Our Guest probably takes more room.

Toy Story Land and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin seems pretty comparable here to Moana mini land in DAK and Journey of Water at EPCOT.

Still feel it lacks imagination on their part for what they should be adding to the parks next, but not out of character for the resort.

In the case of favoring Hercules, should Shang-Chi not be accessible as easily for DAK in a sake of Ta Lo; Hercules is getting a live action adaptation by the Russos and Guy Ritchie. While I think Shang-Chi would make a lot more sense in the sake of a mythical themed environment, Hercules wouldn't be a bad call at all, determining on how the movie takes itself.

In the case of favoring Hercules, should Shang-Chi not be accessible as easily for DAK in a sake of Ta Lo; Hercules is getting a live action adaptation by the Russos and Guy Ritchie. While I think Shang-Chi would make a lot more sense in the sake of a mythical themed environment, Hercules wouldn't be a bad call at all, determining on how the movie takes itself.
Well, let's just remember that down the line they're (in all likelihood) going to replace Rafiki's with something, they'll eventually have to expand, etc. I do agree that if they do have the rights to use Ta Lo, but not Shang-Chi, (much like they can use Wakanda, just not Black Panther and associated characters), I think Ta Lo would be.... pretty. But much like Wakanda, what would the ride be?

Well, let's just remember that down the line they're (in all likelihood) going to replace Rafiki's with something, they'll eventually have to expand, etc. I do agree that if they do have the rights to use Ta Lo, but not Shang-Chi, (much like they can use Wakanda, just not Black Panther and associated characters), I think Ta Lo would be.... pretty. But much like Wakanda, what would the ride be?

Well--assuming they can use Ta Lo's scenic, and the creature designs; villagers and the demons that come, I think they could focus on Katy should the option come. I genuinely think Shang-Chi without the rings, but something that would be specifically for the attraction should be safe; but I know others can point me to a different direction.

Replace it with what? That's first and foremost the park's health facility, can't just tear it down. I think a more likely solution is they close it for guests, expand the facilities, and then open a new land in the old Asia expansion area.

Replace it with what? That's first and foremost the park's health facility, can't just tear it down. I think a more likely solution is they close it for guests, expand the facilities, and then open a new land in the old Asia expansion area.
I agree. Plus it's kind of a far away dead end, so I don't see tons of people flocking to go back there. It's more of a side area than a potential Feature Land area.

You could close the health facility off to guests, move some stuff around, and (sort of like when they ended taping and the original BLT at DHS) then there's still plenty of room back there to work with.

I do agree I would like the Asia plot worked on whether it be to bring in Jungle Book or to expand to a new land and just get rid of Kali as a part of a new land. That would leave one ride you have to replace, yes, but, Moana would be bringing what looks to be a Splash Mountain clone to the park. Kali wouldn't be as necessary if the land can be used for something better.

You could close the health facility off to guests, move some stuff around, and (sort of like when they ended taping and the original BLT at DHS) then there's still plenty of room back there to work with.

I do agree I would like the Asia plot worked on whether it be to bring in Jungle Book or to expand to a new land and just get rid of Kali as a part of a new land. That would leave one ride you have to replace, yes, but, Moana would be bringing what looks to be a Splash Mountain clone to the park. Kali wouldn't be as necessary if the land can be used for something better.
Kali is probably the smallest ride of it's kind in the world but it has a good story that inspires Disney to flatten pieces of nature to expand. Sure they buy another piece of worthless land to compensate but in the end there where first 2 pieces of nature and after Disney 50% is forever gone.

Why doesn't Disney cram Rakoon and tree in AK, it's an animal and a well, tree so there you have it. Make it an AA and people will love it. And yes it should be a spinner where Groot spins you round.

I wonder if Disney might try to get the Zootopia part of this expansion done in time for Epic Universe? I'm assuming it's gonna be a retheme of Dinosaur and some restaurants and shops. Close the section down next fall, that gives a little less than two years for construction. The Splash Mountain retheme is being done in less time after all.

I wonder if Disney might try to get the Zootopia part of this expansion done in time for Epic Universe? I'm assuming it's gonna be a retheme of Dinosaur and some restaurants and shops. Close the section down next fall, that gives a little less than two years for construction. The Splash Mountain retheme is being done in less time after all.
It feels a little early to start complimenting the Splash Mountain retheme timeline...

I don't get the reason to retheme Dinosaur, it's a staple of the park

Dinorama is the area that need love and Dinoland USA could still exist next to Moana

For me it would be the equivalent of retheming Everest or something

just don't. it's fine.

I don't get the reason to retheme Dinosaur, it's a staple of the park

Dinorama is the area that need love and Dinoland USA could still exist next to Moana

For me it would be the equivalent of retheming Everest or something

just don't. it's fine.
Isn't Dinosaur not that popular? Apparently it's too intense for families.

I think a big problem with Dinosaurs numbers is a surprising number of people who visit the park don't know it's there. Or, if they find it, think it's a "Museum of Natural History" thing. Not a ride.
That makes a lot of sense. Myself, I love the attraction, but generally I've walked right on without much of a line. I never see a lot of people in that area of AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.