Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Ripley Entertainment attraction for Universal Blvd.?

Jan 26, 2016
Bright, Sunny O-Town
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...ment-snags-23-acres-on-universal.html?ana=twt

I dug through some of their other brands. Dont think the aquariums, mini-golf or Louis Tussauds will happen due to I-Drive already having those. I'm guessing the Mirror Maze, Haunted Adventure of Moving Theatres makes more sense.

Thinking about it some more, I think if they really wanted to maximize that 23 acres, why not do multiple brands. Universal Blvd has the critical mass to accommodate Ripley's very own I-Drive 360-esque development with three attractions.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...ment-snags-23-acres-on-universal.html?ana=twt

I dug through some of their other brands. Dont think the aquariums, mini-golf or Louis Tussauds will happen due to I-Drive already having those. I'm guessing the Mirror Maze, Haunted Adventure of Moving Theatres makes more sense.

Thinking about it some more, I think if they really wanted to maximize that 23 acres, why not do multiple brands. Universal Blvd has the critical mass to accommodate Ripley's very own I-Drive 360-esque development with three attractions.

I thought you made a mistake when reading Louis Tussauds but that place looks hilarious.

Louis Tussauds House of Wax quiz: guess the celebrity waxworks - Telegraph

Oh god Luis Tussauds, what a garbage fire.

I think a smart move would be to build a resort at this property.

The two red circles appear to be what Ripley acquired in this recent sale. The upper right parcel may be a bit smaller, based on the legal description. Overall, pushes Ripley to about 40 acres total with their existing 23 acres to the south there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 4.24.04 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 4.24.04 PM (2).png
    665.8 KB · Views: 21
The two red circles appear to be what Ripley acquired in this recent sale. The upper right parcel may be a bit smaller, based on the legal description. Overall, pushes Ripley to about 40 acres total with their existing 23 acres to the south there.

Wasn't that the plot that was planned as Apartments? I thought it was already zoned and had plans approved.

That's a relative ton of land. I wonder what they're planning.
I heard rumors they were interested in building all the brands/attractions they had in one area, to not only use as additional Orlando attractions but to use as a demonstration to help selling it as a franchise for other areas.