New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much farther is it from the transportation hub to WnW is it than King's Cross to Hogsmeade Station? And isn't that straight down Universal Blvd? How hard would it to be to theme one (or 2) of those El Cable Cars to look like a 21st century MVII$

Does anyone know if Uni got an exclusivity contract with the manufacturer for HE? The name is escaping me.

Here is wet n' wild dates for 2014. I expect to see action if this will be the location for the new park in early 2015

http://www.wetnwildorlando.com/hours.php

Still unlikely, I'd think. Probably May or June 2016. Summer is for peak crowds, winter is for limited hours and seasonal maintenance.

Does anyone know if Uni got an exclusivity contract with the manufacturer for HE? The name is escaping me.

Still unlikely, I'd think. Probably May or June 2016. Summer is for peak crowds, winter is for limited hours and seasonal maintenance.

I dont mean the opening, I mean construction

Here's what I think they should be doing to connect the Wet N Wild plot to the existing resort.

Below is an eco-bridge in the Netherlands that allows animals to cross a busy highway area safely (how thoughtful). Our bridge, of course, would be pedestrian friendly and would feature a more Disney Marketplace style environment - rather than the high energy Citywalk feel. This area would be considered the "suburbia" to Citywalk's "downtown".
EcoDuctAerialA50.jpg

Here's what I think they should be doing to connect the Wet N Wild plot to the existing resort.

Below is an eco-bridge in the Netherlands that allows animals to cross a busy highway area safely (how thoughtful). Our bridge, of course, would be pedestrian friendly and would feature a more Disney Marketplace style environment - rather than the high energy Citywalk feel. This area would be considered the "suburbia" to Citywalk's "downtown".
EcoDuctAerialA50.jpg

Look at the google map

would be too far unless they can get it
a) approved by the city
b) can turn the eco bridge into an attraction?

Dont see it happening unless they buy more land around it

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?mid=zd7nmtAEP4ss.kQYbLw97o2P8

Busch Gardens has at least one bridge covered with ivy that goes over a service road. I believe it's between Lory Landing and Stanleyville. I didn't even know it went over a road the first few times I walked over it, though it'd be a little harder to hide Universal Blvd.

Look at the google map

would be too far unless they can get it
a) approved by the city
b) can turn the eco bridge into an attraction?

Dont see it happening unless they buy more land around it

I'm pretty sure Universal isn't done with that particular intersection. You should see some of the stuff in the works for St. Louis in regards to pedestrian focused land bridging over major highways. We're talking buildings and parks and fountains. You wouldn't even know there were traffic under you. It's not as blue sky as it sounds.

I'm pretty sure Universal isn't done with that particular intersection. You should see some of the stuff in the works for St. Louis in regards to pedestrian focused land bridging over major highways. We're talking buildings and parks and fountains. You wouldn't even know there were traffic under you. It's not as blue sky as it sounds.

I completely agree with you, But they arent going to make a bridge going over Uni Blvd and they are going to hear alot of business ranting about building near their businesses. (Area to north of Wnw before Highway)

Last edited:
I completely agree with you, But they arent going to make a bridge going over Uni Blvd and they are going to hear alot of business ranting about building near their businesses. (Area to north of Wnw before Highway)

I think you're looking at the wrong area that someone speculated about the eco bridge.

It would be to connect the two Wet and Wild plots, not connect the resort to Wet and Wild.

Universal has a lot more pull with the City than those other local businesses :lol:

Anyone know when the major I4 / Kirkman Rd construction project is wrapping up...

Anyone know when the major I4 / Kirkman Rd construction project is wrapping up...

I have no idea if this is what you mean, but holy crap...

LOCATION AND PROJECT FACTS
The I-4 Ultimate Project is over 21 miles from West of Kirkman Road to East of SR 434. Please click on the map to the right to view the entire project corridor. Below are some interesting project facts:

Construction Length: 21.11 miles
Construction Cost: Approximately $2 Billion
Bridges: 56 New (Including Pedestrian Crossings)
71 Replacements
10 Modifications
1 Temporary Bridge
Interchanges: 15 Major Interchanges Reconstructed

Scheduled 2015-2020

HTF what do you think about them gobbling up the old and abandoned bennigans building and that crappy mini golf ghost attraction to add to their lot? Possibility if the price is right?

Last edited:
I didn't realize they had actually completed Destination Pkwy's connection to John Young fairly recently. That is a major positive for local traffic flow in the event of expansion, and one less thing to worry about in terms of matching the traffic infrastructure to increased use.

This might be relevant:

ibo1HCBWiE61MC.jpg

Of course, a water park was also supposed to be part of the Moscow project, so this could potentially be for that. Either way, there will likely be more trademark filings over the next few days, so keep an eye out.

^^^Thanks for the info.

Another relevant topic is that Despicable Me 2 has already made 80 million dollars on the home market, proving that it's a seriously under utilized property as-is at Universal Orlando. If the Minions are indeed part of the new park as rumored, it would be a HUGE win for that park.

^^^Thanks for the info.

Another relevant topic is that Despicable Me 2 has already made 80 million dollars on the home market, proving that it's a seriously under utilized property as-is at Universal Orlando. If the Minions are indeed part of the new park as rumored, it would be a HUGE win for that park.

agreed. I think utilizing this would be golden for them. Especially with a Minions movie coming out soon. Lots of potential/its a huge fan favorite.

Aqua Drag Racers.. interesting. Maybe we are getting our Fast & Furious attraction after all. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.