New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that leads me to believe this isn't HTF is that the darklord listed all his camera gear along with some rather pricey lenses in the "what do you shoot with" thread and I know for a fact HTF isn't shooting with that expensive glass :lol:

Hey Hockey, did I tell you that I own three Lamborghinis? A Veneno, Huracan and a Gallardo. I also own a Sikorsky S-92 helicopter.

Hey Hockey, did I tell you that I own three Lamborghinis? A Veneno, Huracan and a Gallardo. I also own a Sikorsky S-92 helicopter.
Yes, it's all his tendencies. Plus could have just used a different lense to not be too obvious. The types of shots are classic HTF, plus a good number of other things. But I don't want to give up all of my sleuth secrets. Also, he's backed off posting a bit since the "discovery".

Now I like the idea of buying the property next to wet n wild and just redo the entire area. Now how do they get there resort guest over there that's the problem so how about a monorail of some sorts from there hub in the middle to the wet n wild plot?

I seem to remember Universal doing a survey last year on transportation to a water park from the resort. Questions about using buses, etc. But I don't recall the specific questions. Perhaps someone has a better memory.

Monorail would be cool, but would they be able to build this, especially since it would need to cross public roads?

Yes, they'll need to get approval from the city. It's also possible for for them to get help paying for it if they show how it would stimulate the local economy.

It probably wouldn't be a monorail because of costs and other issues, but possibly another form of elevated train. It would be neat if they made an attraction out of this transportation ride as well. Most of the travel would have undesirable views which Uni has no control of. Have screens instead of windows and theme it to the Hollywood backlot tour. At least it would be something to keep you entertained while traveling :thumbs:

It would be nice if they could join it with the sun rail but I don't think a simple monorail between the two would do a whole lot for traffic.

Slow your motor dude ( Crush) lol

It would be nice if they could join it with the sun rail but I don't think a simple monorail between the two would do a whole lot for traffic.

I brought up the idea of a monorail because Wet n Wild is about a mile away from the central parking hub. But if universal could create a station like the one going into orlando international so they could have sun rail come in and have a line for their resort that would be amazing on keeping ppl at universal especially with the third gate and these added rooms.

yea that would be Pretty Awesome if they could be a Station near Universal Citywalk to serve tourist of Central to get too and from the Universal Orlando Resort..

It was already on the city's radar.They wanted to do a monorail from Airport down I drive with stops @ Disney and Universal.
It was shot down by Disney (they do not want guests to be able to leave to shop with others easily)

My point is that the city would approve in a heartbeat

Hogwarts Express is an elevated train system,They would already have trained techs and spares for an elevated train system.

Last edited:
HE is a funicular system which can only operate two trains which have to be synchronized and move at the same time so they can pass one another in the middle. unless it was a really short line with just a stop on each end (like at Wizarding World), the same system would not be practical for transporting guests.

Reactions: natespf
HE is a funicular system which can only operate two trains which have to be synchronized and move at the same time so they can pass one another in the middle. unless it was a really short line with just a stop on each end (like at Wizarding World), the same system would not be practical for transporting guests.

Yes it is but the trains are from a transport system.They can be configured to run as trains

Yes, they can, but my point is you could only have TWO...if you're talking about them traveling one mile they would have to be BIG trains in order to have enough capacity to move a decent number of guests per hour between parks. For example, each WDW Mark VII monorail carries up to 360 per train and they run 3 or 4 trains on each beam and run cycle times ((from TTC to MK and Back) in about 9-12 minutes. Even with that capacity, they still need the ferry boats (which carry up to 600 guests per cycle) to move the number of guests they need to move (and that's still not counting all the WDW resort guests who get delivered to the MK on buses). For a funicular system to be practical for this application each of the two trains would have to carry HUNDREDS of guests per cycle and the cycle time would have to be as short as possible (less than 5 minutes).

We're more likely to see (if this ever did happen) a tracked system much more like an omnimover with multiple ride vehicles and even then they would still need a fleet of buses for backup for when the system is down for any reason.

I still think the solution IF Universal wants to unite WnW and any other properties along Universal Blvd would be to create their own road/viaduct along the way that was traveled by enclosed trams designed to look like the iconic Universal Studios Tour trams:
1964tour.jpg

I'm still hooked on the idea of a monorail connecting the current resort with any future satellite extensions, as well as the Wet n' Wild land (whatever its future holds), probably at least partially because in many of my doodlings on satellite photos of the area I've included a monorail station at the hub in the parking garage with a monorail going from there to another station in the land surrounding Wet n' Wild that looks inactive enough to be purchased by Universal, and so now in my mind it has already happened :lol:

I'm assuming that Universal Blvd. was built that it was specifically for Universal as a way of connecting their properties (the existing with the rest of the Lockheed site), and when it was done if:

-There was a specific plan for connecting transportation (monorail, etc.)
-If so, what the route planned for it was
-If so, does that route still exist or would it require modification now with other development along the way

My suspicion is that there was some plan/idea in place for a monorail or other elevated transit system between the two properties and it still exits as some kind of easement that follows Universal Blvd, probably utilizing the center green area in the parkway section allowing for development of the system in the future.

It's a nice mental picture envisioning a transit system running down the center of Universal Boulevard from the existing hub at the parking lot down to another hub across from the Convention Center.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.