Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2009
From HHNRumors:
While this isn't exactly HHN related, it was too big to pass up. This rumor has been in the works for longgggg time. It appears that we finally have concrete evidence that Universal wants another water park! A trademark has finally made it through the US Patent and Trademark Office for the name "Wondersea Island" - although I'm not 100% for the name, it's not the worst thing that could happen.However, don't let this fool you, names change regardless of how set in stone you might think they are (cheetaka anyone?)

wondersea.jpg

I'm down for a Water Park... but Universal has a crap ton of money right now... so my random thought is Wondersea Island Replaces Marvel Island Potter brings the draw for IOA now any way and they can re-theme all the rides in that area, stop paying money to Marvel for the use of their Names, Ect...

Wondersea Island sounds great. It fits in with Islands of Adventure and sounds like they already have some great theming ideas for it.

i wonder how many water coaster they are going to have if they do this. How much property does uni own anyway? i can't wait for may 19th!!!!!!!!

i wonder how many water coaster they are going to have if they do this. How much property does uni own anyway? i can't wait for may 19th!!!!!!!!

All of the land south of Turkey Lake Rd, North of 75 is USF land. All that empty space behind IOA and the hotel is where the suppossed waterpark and hotel will spring up.

--- Update ---

Awesome name.... and maybe this could be a nice re theme to IOA!! I would rather see a water park though :)

Doubtful, they won't change the name of IOA, its a perfect theme park name.

All of the land south of Turkey Lake Rd, North of 75 is USF land. All that empty space behind IOA and the hotel is where the suppossed waterpark and hotel will spring up.

wow, did loews sign and exclusive deal with them that they are the only ones allowed to put hotels up?

No UO built the hotels, but Loews bascially runs them, their employees, their procedures. UO just gets the profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.