Next Gen Nintendo Console | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Gen Nintendo Console

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
View attachment 23320

From Nate--Nintendo Switch 2 will have backwards compatability support.
This is pretty much a necessity for me. My Switch library is simply too large to leave behind.

I hope but don't expect the base console to have an OLED screen. If it doesn't, I might honestly still use my OLED Switch 1 as my primary portable. The colors and brightness are absolutely killer, and I can't imagine going back.

This is pretty much a necessity for me. My Switch library is simply too large to leave behind.

I hope but don't expect the base console to have an OLED screen. If it doesn't, I might honestly still use my OLED Switch 1 as my primary portable. The colors and brightness are absolutely killer, and I can't imagine going back.
I believe rumors have pointed to Nintendo returning to the LCD as a means of pivoting and reducing costs, but given what's being considered for the internals I'm fine with the sacrifice.

Reactions: Mike S
I'll miss OLED but it seems to be a necessary sacrifice, considering we're basically getting a portable PS4 Pro

Reactions: Mike S
Sony: *announces and prices a pro-based console of the PS5 for 700 USD*

Nintendo: *is prepping to announce a console that will likely be 400 USD, and will have Backwards Compatability and DLSS as core elements with a hybrid console*

In the end people still have the base PS5 to buy but this is an obvious harbinger of things to come. Just wait for the PS6 and Next Xbox o_O

Market speculation is that the Switch 2 screen is likely to be enlarged again and have a dual-screen design. The battery life of the game console itself will also be increased. At the same time, the screen processing and performance will also be improved simultaneously. Some AI functions may even be added. The terminal price is estimated to be about US$400 ( Approximately NT$12,781), which is about 30% higher than the US$299 price of the original Switch, and slightly higher than the US$349 price of the OLED version of Switch.