Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nickelodeon Hotel becoming Holiday Inn

One last thing on Mattel and Barbie. You noticed the news on the new body types and skin colors and all that? Don't think the American Girl craze(and knock offs) hasn't put a major damper on Barbie sales.

Yep. The article I read said it was a combination of all of it. But the Lego adding Friends was the last nail in the coffin and with everything else lego was doing allowed them to quickly become #1. The reason for the new body types is the decline in Barbie. But their major decline happened over 3 years. The first 2 were minor drops with the last being 14% drop. The other dolls with more realistic figures were created before the major drop. But also the 14% drop was because of Frozen. The Princesses took off and that also caused less popularity in Barbie. They said the preschool grade was going for Princesses and the older crowd was going for Bratz leaving Barbie with a very small market. Then Friends came in and hit that market (5-10 ages) and just killed them.

I mean you can't blame them. I agree theme parks should be a place for everybody but It's better that security is concerned about things like that rather than not. I guess it comes down to how the person looks, what area of the park it is and if he's alone or not. Sometimes I really question YouTube videos when it comes to that topic. Like don't you feel a bit weird running around curious George's playground with a camera by yourself with no kid? If I saw some guy filming my kid (who doesn't exist), I'd knock his ass out lol

Yeah I get why DisneyHead would get security attention. Now if it is just a guy going around riding rides, that shouldn't draw attention. But someone with a camera like his, I can see why that would draw attention. It is the world we live in and with someone that has kids, I don't mind it. I am sure that is why it didn't bother DisneyHead, because he knows it is better for them to watch him than not.

Yeah I get why DisneyHead would get security attention. Now if it is just a guy going around riding rides, that shouldn't draw attention. But someone with a camera like his, I can see why that would draw attention. It is the world we live in and with someone that has kids, I don't mind it. I am sure that is why it didn't bother DisneyHead, because he knows it is better for them to watch him than not.
They lose interest after they realize your just a harmless crazy theme park fan. But they do pay attention to that kind of stuff.

I used to do a lot of construction photo updates. A 50 year old single guy hanging out in Fantasyland with a telephoto DSLR camera gets security's attention. And I don't really have a problem with that.

Security should be wary of all ages and genders, they'd be very naive to only look out for stereotypes for potential offenders, including weapons ownership too.

Good riddance! It's nothing like it was when it first opened! We only went for the Power Rangers and TMNT weekends for the little ones. They had the actual PR actors there. If they didn't have PR or TMNT weekends, the hotel would be empty because it was halfway full all times we went.

First the employees were very very rude and most didn't speak English. The paint chipped off on near everything. The beds were lumpy , the tvs are like 10-15 years old were missing buttons, and didn't have a lot of channels. They closed one of the pools. They only have a select characters and they all appear on different days. The TMNT pizza place was so greasy and nasty. The main store is just stuff in Universal Studios and had nothing but Dora and SpongeBob. They have a TMNT merchandise section apart of their small overpriced grocery store that more than likely a manager goes to Walmart and buys up all of the TMNT stuff and charge double the price.

When we first went it was a nice themed experience. They still had crappy beds and TVs but they had characters everywhere . The food court back then had Subway , A&W and Pizza Hut. Now it only had Subway and a TMNT pizza place that sold other really greasy food that weren't just pizza. The gift store had a variety of characters but since it's a Universal store and they got rid of Jimmy they got rid of the other Nick merchandise.

Viacom and Universal should just come to an agreement and let Nick take over Toon Lagoon and themed rooms in their upcoming hotels . SpongeBob and TMNT mini lands and Nickelodeon meet and greets with Power Rangers , Dora, Paw Patrol and their other characters. A lot of people would come just to go to Bikini Bottom and buy Krabby Pattys and TMNT has had the top selling toys for 3 or 4 years straight now. Minions, SLOP , Nintendo, and Nickelodeon would attract a lot of families.

Last edited: