Nightmare Fuel: Nocturnal Circus | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Nightmare Fuel: Nocturnal Circus

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Howl-O-Scream Orlando show was the best Halloween thing in Orlando 4 years ago. Now I can't be bothered to drop $99 on a 20-night ticket because it will be exactly the same. A big selling point of the adult Halloween events, HHN in particular, is their ephemeral quality--you're seeing something new and different that a relative few others ever will. Lose that, you lose a lot of your "cred."
This is a big reason improv and unpredictability works so well for theme park shows. It’s why the Makeup show and (for slightly different reasons) the pet show are the most rewatchable shows in town. Uni clearly has talented improv comics - just come up with a HHN frame and let them roll. Cheap and can be adapted to any available space.

I personally don’t like to do the dance shows. I’d rather get in another house or two, but to each their own. I know many people that love the dance shows.
I would normally agree, epically if u only have one night. But as a sorta local and can go multiple nights, I love seeing it.

Great call out. Monster Stomp was the best Halloween show I had seen when I first saw it. Now I don't even bother unless I'm taking someone new or people want to take a break and get some food.

I think the rewatch-ability and constant changes that B&T, AoV, and to some extent the Jack and Chance show really made a major impact. Its the exact reason I like being able to go through the houses multiple times.

Once it gets stale, it gets less fun. Thinking through it now, the past few years the houses at HHN the runs have felt kind of similar especially once the attrition really starts becoming apparent.
I prefer the dancing in this show than the dancing that AoV did. at least this group changes their stuff.
AoV was great, but they were doing some of the exact tricks or dance movies year after year. the costumes and the story and the sets changed, but they were kind of doing the same dance routines,
the exact same could be said for nightmare fuel,
but their dance moves feel always different, and their fire performances feel different.
some of their tricks change.

and I know that someone else will say that nightmare fuel feels exactly the same year after year, or say that AoV felt unique every single year,
but I see the differences in nightmare fuel,
one year we had the leg bike trick, one year we had the strong guy doing the big loop, we had the girls dressed like crows, the fire dancing is different from year to year,