Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could this work on a redo of DD?
Don't think headsets would work on an inverting coaster, they'd really have to tame the coaster, I think, in order to get it a VR headset. More importantly, the way I see it, this VR stuff is good for smaller parks that can't do high tech stuff the way Universal does. (Though of course VR can be said to be high tech as well, but I hope you all get what I mean.)

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that VR is going to be used long-term at any theme park. Forget about any of the logistical hassles. I just don't think people will care. VR is positioned as something that you can get inside your house. Why would you go to a theme park for it?
I also believe it will severely hinder people wanting to ride. Making a dark ride like Mario Kart with VR will cause a lot of people iffy with motion sickness not ride IMO. People have issues with FJ, VR will be much worse.

SEGA wants Sonic in theme parks, but, do theme parks want Sonic? I would say no.
SEGA: Sonic Will Have Presence At E3 And He Would Be Perfect Fit For Theme Parks – My Nintendo News

Sonic still sells decently these days, and that is despite Sega seemingly having no quality control/ care of keeping their IP's in high esteem. Hopefully Sega takes better care of Sonic and their other franchises going forward (doubt it).
I wouldn't be opposed to sonic in theme parks, if they did do something I think something like the image below would be kind of cool with a coaster track in the center. Would be like classic sonic.

green_hill_zone_in_smexy_hd_by_krazybean14-d3egoye.jpg

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Sonic still sells decently these days, and that is despite Sega seemingly having no quality control/ care of keeping their IP's in high esteem. Hopefully Sega takes better care of Sonic and their other franchises going forward (doubt it).
I wouldn't be opposed to sonic in theme parks, if they did do something I think something like the image below would be kind of cool with a coaster track in the center. Would be like classic sonic.

green_hill_zone_in_smexy_hd_by_krazybean14-d3egoye.jpg
That would be cool but when they already have Nintendo I can't see Universal going after Sonic. He's not even second fiddle to that huge get.

Nintendo is apparently getting very serious in entering the film industry. Based on a twitter translation (user @ZhugeEX) of this article (don't bother looking at source unless you know Japanese :p), Nintendo is working with partner companies to enter the movie business using their IP. This would lead to 3D animation movies of their popular characters and Nintendo are saying that their efforts could be seen as early as 2 to 3 years from now. They plan to partner with others, but plan to do most in house.

They just need to partner with sega as well house of the dead, sonic, super monkey ball and crazy taxi would be amazing rides

Sega in my eyes is a dying brand. and for Sonic, Regardless if Sonic is somewhat selling some units; It has passed its prime and is starting to decline in its sales. In essence, the only way i'd see Sonic ever in a large Asian (or European) park.

Reactions: Mike S
Yes they def
Sega in my eyes is a dying brand. and for Sonic, Regardless if Sonic is somewhat selling some units; It has passed its prime and is starting to decline in its sales. In essence, the only way i'd see Sonic ever in a large Asian (or European) park.
yes definely a dying brand but still would make for some good rides