Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Press release in Japanese: ニュース:株式会社ユー・エス・ジェイ

And translated:

Universal Studios Japan ®
- the Japan to content to the world calling -
the world's first ※ 1 Nintendo themed areas birth determine
investment 50 billion yen over ultra
scheduled to open before the Tokyo Olympics

Presented December 12 (Monday) 2016
 The world's most popular Nintendo characters and the area "SUPER NINTENDO WORLD ™" that is the theme of the world view are coming to Universal Studios Japan for the first time in the world. The opening time is scheduled to come before the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games held. As for the Nintendo theme area, as announced by Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo on November 29, 2016, it opens in the theme park of three universal studios in the world in USA Orlando and Hollywood and Japan Universal Studios Japan will be the first to open in the world.

"SUPER NINTENDO WORLD" is an unparalleled ride and attraction (planned to be the world first ride utilizing state-of-the-art technology * 2), an interactive area, It is a huge complex area with a two-layer structure with shops and restaurants, and the investment amount is expected to be over 50 billion yen only at Universal Studios Japan. This "SUPER NINTENDO WORLD" will be built by extending the park area to the parking lot in the park premises now and a part of the future expansion site. Professor Emeritus Katsuhiro Miyamoto of Kansai University estimates that the economic effect created by Universal Studios Japan for 10 years after the opening of "SUPER NINTENDO WORLD" is about 6.2 trillion yen in the Kinki region, about 11.7 trillion yen in the whole country, its employment effect Approx. 108 thousand people ※ 3. Universal Studios Japan will disseminate the appeal of "Nintendo", a wonderful entertainment brand that Japan is proud of, not only to Japan but to the world.

img1.jpg

hoeuqg00000029ix.jpg

For many years, "SUPER NINTENDO WORLD" gathers a large number of Nintendo characters worldwide, with a focus on the "Super Mario" series which has been keenly loved by fans all over the world. Nintendo Co., Ltd. Representative Director Nintendo Co., Ltd. Creative Fellow Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto and other creative teams of Nintendo and Universal creative team (President: Mark Woodbury) boasting outstanding creativity and technical power are powerful Under a partnership, I will stick to the quality thoroughly and reproduce it. "SUPER NINTENDO WORLD" is suitable for its name, it becomes the world's first theme area that you can enjoy the Nintendo game world all day using the five senses, and will attract guests from overseas as well as from the country.

※ 1 Nintendo brand of character and its own examined in facilities that view of the world on the theme of
※ 2 company investigated in 2016 November the world of theme parks
by ※ 3 Kansai University announced (December 12, 2016)

About Universal Studios Japan
 under the strong feelings of "the world's best, and you want. To deliver", Universal Studios Japan is not only popular movies of Hollywood, full-scale on the theme of a variety of worldwide popular entertainment brand We provide the world's highest quality entertainment, such as attractions and shows, guests' enjoyable seasonal events, etc., making guests who visit make the world's best experiences and memories.
 In recent years, the Family Area "Universal · Wonderland" gathered popular characters including the enormous popular area "Wizarding World of Harry Potter ™" from home and abroad, commemorating the 15th anniversary of business opening in 2016 , The world's highest * 4 flying coaster "The Flying Dinosaur" opened in the popular "Jurassic Park" area, and the world's largest * 5 "Minion area" to be opened next year in the first half of 2017 It has launched the world's best entertainment and has established itself as a major landmark in entertainment and leisure circles where many guests visit not only from Japan but also from abroad.

* 4 Flying and coaster research by 22 companies around the world. Course total length 1,124m, falling advanced 37.8m in the first drop
-house examined in facilities related to ※ 5 2016 June of three locations world minion or minion

Universal Parks & Resorts for
 Universal Parks & Resorts, in Comcast · NBC Universal subsidiary, offers a popular entertainment experience at the cutting edge in the guest around the world. Under the supervision of Steven Spielberg, who was awarded the Academy Award three times, Universal's theme park offers a number of attraction experiences inspired by the most thrilling and state-of-the-art film and television in the world.
 Comcast · NBC Universal has Universal Studios · Hollywood including Universal · City Walk · Hollywood. It also owns Universal Orlando Resort, a resort consisting of two theme parks (Universal Studios Florida and Universal Islands of Adventure), five resort hotels, Universal CityWalk Orlando.Comcast · NBC Universal owns 51% of the shares of Universal Studios Japan located in Osaka and concluded a license agreement with Universal Studios · Singapore in Singapore's Resort · World · Sentosa. The company also announced the construction plan in Beijing.

Ando © Universal ® Studios Ando Amblin Entertainment
Nintendo Properties Are Trademarks And Copyrights Of Nintendo. © 2016 Nintendo.

I've heard that each land will have at least 1 unique attraction with a shared attraction (no shock what that is), with the overall land aesthetic being the same.

For instance, Bowser's Castle is seen here, but may not be in Hollywood/Florida. Also I think the latter may both open in 2020 now...

Last edited:
That's way bigger than I was expecting. I doubt Florida will get all of that. I find it odd that Peach's castle AND Bowser's castle would be built. I was thinking one or the other.

That's way bigger than I was expecting. I doubt Florida will get all of that. I find it odd that Peach's castle AND Bowser's castle would be built. I was thinking one or the other.
I'm pretty sure Orlando is getting the most. Could be wrong.

oh crap, lots of awesome patents....Mario kart, a "flying suit"? - Maybe a "Mario Suit" ride?, a Donkey Kong mine cart ride..and then two Volcano Bay rides