Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 206 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea, I'd argue the Master Sword in its pedestal is way more important than the castle. Put the sword in the middle of a forested land surrounded by some ruins and you've got your centerpiece

Reminds me of A Link Between Worlds art
uvklfxV.jpg

Why do they 'have' to have the master sword? They don't need to have castle and castle town to do it all they need to do is add a scene in the queue of the ride they create with time for people to stop and take pictures with it.

Can you name a land that's "multilevel"? Only one I can think of is Canada at Epcot.
This is why I said it will be refreshing for Orlando when if this is multi-story bc SWL is going to be multi-story as well. You're also going to feel a distinct grade change in Pandora.

Yea, I'd argue the Master Sword in its pedestal is way more important than the castle. Put the sword in the middle of a forested land surrounded by some ruins and you've got your centerpiece
And your shops, restaurants, etc? This would be a land by Universal after all. Also, the sword by itself is not a "weenie" in theme park terms and please don't say the Deku Tree again.
Why do they 'have' to have the master sword? They don't need to have castle and castle town to do it all they need to do is add a scene in the queue of the ride they create with time for people to stop and take pictures with it.
Are you talking about just having a single ride?

Reactions: Brer Oswald
I'd personally rather they did Clocktown, always thought that was a more lively place. But there's no way they'd ever do it, not as well known.

Reactions: Brer Oswald
And your shops, restaurants, etc? This would be a land by Universal after all. Also, the sword by itself is not a "weenie" in theme park terms and please don't say the Deku Tree again.

Are you talking about just having a single ride?

The biggest issue which seems to be problem is which locations should be added etc and then which version etc. Looking at it from another angle is to just Kong it up with a descriptive queue, a restuarant, and a shop and Inside the queue you have the mini versions of multiple locations using the queueless system that they are using for Fallon. It would also make it easier to incorporate everyone's favorite character Navi. You could also add multiple versions with an indoor queue as you control a lot more things than you do with a full fledge land. You see the lost woods, Clocktown, areas from Wind Waker, Hyrule Castle, Temple of Time, Kokiri Forest, The Deku tree etc.

Also putting those in the queue allows people to not get mad at not being able to get photo ops compared to being on a ride.

Deku Tree. Death Mountain. Plenty of options. They have enough castles. Shops and restaurants can literally be anything
I'll just refer to my previous post where I outlined how some things that are important in the series would be brought together in Castle Town.
True fans? I wouldn't say that. I'm just saying what most would probably accept due to logistics. You could honestly build a whole park out of Zelda and it's locations (much like LotR) but there has to be a compromise on a single land. How can you cover the most bases? Zelda has always had towns with Castle Town being the most iconic. It would also be easy to show off the rest of Hyrule through an E Ticket attraction. Mini games are a big part and they can be right there. The Master Sword is the most iconic weapon of the series and you can have it right there in the Temple of Time.* Possible food, beverages, and shops? Got you covered there too.
*The Temple of Time is also the queue for the E Ticket.

Death Mountain is probably the only other large landmark that's appeared in the most games but Kakariko isn't as iconic imo.
The biggest issue which seems to be problem is which locations should be added etc and then which version etc. Looking at it from another angle is to just Kong it up with a descriptive queue, a restuarant, and a shop and Inside the queue you have the mini versions of multiple locations using the queueless system that they are using for Fallon. It would also make it easier to incorporate everyone's favorite character Navi. You could also add multiple versions with an indoor queue as you control a lot more things than you do with a full fledge land. You see the lost woods, Clocktown, areas from Wind Waker, Hyrule Castle, Temple of Time, Kokiri Forest, The Deku tree etc.

Also putting those in the queue allows people to not get mad at not being able to get photo ops compared to being on a ride.
I'm not really following. Are suggesting themed rooms or something? How would they make sense just being there? Last I checked no one is mad that you can't take a picture in the Chamber of Secrets and only see it during the ride so why would it be a problem here?

Last edited:
I'm late to the party as usual. The concept art has me forgetting how bummed I was about no Zelda or Star Fox. I trust Universal creative with this.

Also I hope they're spying on this thread for inspiration...

Reactions: Mike S
I'd personally rather they did Clocktown, always thought that was a more lively place. But there's no way they'd ever do it, not as well known.
The major issue is that Clocktown is in Termina, while every other Zelda game takes place in Hyrule. If they did the multi land approach like HP, this would be the logical next step, but Zelda isn't nearly as popular as HP, so it's unlikely.

Reactions: E.Gadd and Mike S
I'll just refer to my previous post where I outlined how some things that are important in the series would be brought together in Castle Town.

*The Temple of Time is also the queue for the E Ticket.

Death Mountain is probably the only other large landmark that's appeared in the most games but Kakariko isn't as iconic imo.

I'm not really following. Are suggesting themed rooms or something? How would they make sense just being there? Last I checked no one is mad that you can't take a picture in the Chamber of Secrets and only see it during the ride so why would it be a problem here?

Themed Rooms inside an open flow queue similar to Potter, and difference is no one was clamoring over whether or not it should have the chamber of secrets for public access. As for the make sense being there...Hyrule Kingdom and Termina are open worlds right? As you go through the queue you are going through the world. It seems biweekly with zelda no one can come to consensus of which icon they want as everyone prefers something different. As for photo ops, if Potter didn't have the walk through tour, I don't think people would be as happy and ops would be a mess. I personally like the Lost Woods and Dragon Roost Island, you wanted Castle Town, others have wanted Clocktown, Kokiri Forest. Then for the popular locations, you have to wonder what art design do you go with as for some should it be 8bit based or should it be orcana of time, or twilight princess with a themed queue, you can have it all as it can tell the story of how there is the old world and the new world.

Last edited:
The major issue is that Clocktown is in Termina, while every other Zelda game takes place in Hyrule. If they did the multi land approach like HP, this would be the logical next step, but Zelda isn't nearly as popular as HP, so it's unlikely.

Yeah it's just not happening. but I'll still keep my fingers crossed they find a way to squeeze a Happy Mask Shop or a Milk Bar in there somehow.

Themed Rooms inside an open flow queue similar to Potter, and difference is no one was clamoring over whether or not it should have the chamber of secrets for public access. As for the make sense being there...Hyrule Kingdom and Termina are open worlds right? As you go through the queue you are going through the world. It seems biweekly with zelda no one can come to consensus of which icon they want as everyone prefers something different. As for photo ops, if Potter didn't have the walk through tour, I don't think people would be as happy and ops would be a mess. I personally like the Lost Woods and Dragon Roost Island, you wanted Castle Town, others have wanted Clocktown, Kokiri Forest. Then for the popular locations, you have to wonder what art design do you go with as for some should it be 8bit based or should it be orcana of time, or twilight princess with a themed queue, you can have it all as it can tell the story of how there is the old world and the new world.
Still doesn't make sense to me to have it all in there like that. It's also not about just what I want. It's what I see as the most logical option they would go with based on how they've made their recent lands.
Yeah it's just not happening. but I'll still keep my fingers crossed they find a way to squeeze a Happy Mask Shop or a Milk Bar in there somehow.
The Happy Mask Shop is already in Castle Town and the Milk Bar could always be retconned in like how they put Ollivander's in Hogsmeade.

Last edited:
Speaking of mixing it up, Donkey Kong Island is going to be across the street from the Mushroom Kingdom at the parks, yet they've cleverly hidden it from us in the released artwork. Do you guys think they did that because part of the Mine Cart coaster is visible in the full image and they aren't ready to talk rides yet?