Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 285 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My goodness, you have a great memory for things. That is what they are working on right now... have been for some time... engineering and building working rideable mocks. To my limited knowledge, it is all happening in a city far far away. :stun:
"City Far Far Away"...I know. I know.:dance::dance:....Star Wars in Anaheim Disneyland ;):lol:.........Just kidding, of course. :)

It's an entirely possible AAs will be "racing" at the same time as our car. That way it could be us against Mario and others. They could be in karts on tracks next to ours so looks like they're winning then we pull ahead and Mario says "Oh Nooo" like in the game.

The early concept art rendering shows a shot from our point of view in the car and Mario was seen in the car in front of us. Could be cool.

... Or they were just using characters as stand ins for guests in the concept art.

To me, making it seem like we're racing the real Mario characters would make it really feel like we're IN THE GAME and not just on a ride.

Afaik they 100% want Mario and other characters to be racing with us. They've been working on AAs on a trackless ride vehicle base. I would not be surprised if the Kong ones were merely a proof of concept.

When they said MK would be the most technologically advanced ride ever, they weren't being hyperbolic.

When in front of Moes your view of Nintendo will be non existent. From London or behind Richters you may see tops of Nintendo buildings behind Springfield. Much like you can see the Diagon dragon from across the Lagoon, but not while standing in a London.

Correct. All you'll see when walking up to the land is the warp pipe and the berm hiding the rest of the land

Afaik they 100% want Mario and other characters to be racing with us. They've been working on AAs on a trackless ride vehicle base. I would not be surprised if the Kong ones were merely a proof of concept.

When they said MK would be the most technologically advanced ride ever, they weren't being hyperbolic.
Hype.
Correct. All you'll see when walking up to the land is the warp pipe and the berm hiding the rest of the land
I love how they had "Press A to Start" at the entrance in the trailer. Hoping that's a real button.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Could they perhaps use Oceaneering's trackless system? A more streamlined version of Seaworld's Antarctica vehicles would look nice. If they do go trackless, I just hope there'll be less technological hiccups this time.

So, to answer your question. If Uni's endeavors are successful, then it will be Ultra interactive. So interactive that it would make MIB and Buzz look like dusty antiques.

So in essential words, it's going to kick the tar out of any dark ride with an interactive element, until it's banished to the moon for a thousand years?

Could they perhaps use Oceaneering's trackless system? A more streamlined version of Seaworld's Antarctica vehicles would look nice. If they do go trackless, I just hope there'll be less technological hiccups this time.

Strangely, I could see this too.

It oddly sounds like we may see some Pooh's Hunny Hunt level tech taken to 11 in terms of other trackless vehicles around you. If that's the case, that may be huge for the industry, especially if every race was randomized, so it's unclear if you or an NPC will win.

Reactions: anihilnation
From the concept art it looks like three passenger cars carrying four people each dispatch at a time, so basically a Spiderman/Transformers vehicle. If they can get a 24 second dispatch they get 1800 riders per hour which is about the norm for the bigger attractions.

So I could see three passenger cars and one AA car per race. That way you could get a unique experience every time, and I really want to see a Bowser AA. However if it is trackless and at a high level of interactivity my guess is they will need to soft open it for a while to make sure they get all of the bugs out (though I guess they have USJ for that).

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

An' this is one of the things I honestly hope happens, as this is a element that has yet to be tapped into with trackless darkrides, having AA's on RV's to travel/interact with yours. Pooh's Hunny Hunt gave just a tiny glimpse with a RV of static figures joining the guest RV's, have a AA instead of static figures on the RV and you can make something truly special.

(I'll add that it sounded like the proposed SLoP attraction was going to do this as well, too bad any word of that has gone to the wayside.)

Reactions: Mike S
This stuff was leaked by Gary Snyder (Same person that did the blunder article about Bob Iger and Shanghai that Spirit went on endlessly about). He also happens to be in the Redstone family (that owns Viacom/CBS) So it's just a weird odd source. (Behind the thrills mentioned Coasterfusion, who wasn't the original source)

It's interesting watching the UOAP Facebook page when it gets posted and pulled over and over (and one mentally unstable guy who really loves Woody Woodpecker keeps screaming at everyone that KidZone isn't going anywhere). The folks here seem to have it right.

I'm just curious if they do shut down kidzone, that leaves the studios with literally nothing for toddlers until the land is finished, they going to set up a temporary playground in central park or something in the interim? 0 stuff for the youngest is a quick way to get guest complaints.