Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 375 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
TBH, I could care less about being known as the "insider" and this isn't even close to being the same as "a TM being told KZ is closing right after HHN". I'm sharing this info, for the sake of speculation. I could have just said nothing. What I said isn't even close to being everything I was told.
For me it's nothing about sources, it's more it just doesn't make financial sense. The idea was to build USJ/USF/USH all close to identical to save on costs. Considering all that USF is doing, I'd be surprised if they opted for a project they're more than likely paying for themselves rather than using the one that will have shared costs out the gate.

For me it's nothing about sources, it's more it just doesn't make financial sense. The idea was to build USJ/USF/USH all close to identical to save on costs. Considering all that USF is doing, I'd be surprised if they opted for a project they're more than likely paying for themselves rather than using the one that will have shared costs out the gate.

The Wildcard is if they don't have an Icon for the south property. If they see Mario as the best choice, it could be finances be damned. And really, theres nothing that says the land wouldn't be laid out the same in the new park as it would be in KidZone. Just have a bigger castle.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
The Wildcard is if they don't have an Icon for the south property. If they see Mario as the best choice, it could be finances be damned. And really, theres nothing that says the land wouldn't be laid out the same in the new park as it would be in KidZone. Just have a bigger castle.

The new park is nowhere near fruition. You've got 8 years, minimum, before you see it, IMO. They're not gonna keep Mario on ice for that long

Well there's a lot of IP dead zones in IOA that are ripe for redevelopment. Toon Lagoon would make one heck of a Safari Zone
So true. I kind of hope some of these Nintendo lands land at the 3rd park though. I don't think you could build a Diagon Alley/London style land in IoA. The lands seem to wide and not deep enough. Your facade would be way too long and your interior land (the "Diagon Alley" part) wouldn't have enough space to do stuff

I do need to point out that Detective Pikachu has a film that is supposing to start shooting in January for release probably within the next two years with Uni financing it in part (Legendary remains the lead producer) as well as distributing everywhere but Japan which could correlate to why they are pushing for Pokémon before Mario.

I do need to point out that Detective Pikachu has a film that is supposing to start shooting in January for release probably within the next two years with Uni financing it in part (Legendary remains the lead producer) as well as distributing everywhere but Japan which could correlate to why they are pushing for Pokémon before Mario.

I seeeeriously doubt that as well, but who knows. Detective Pikachu is really not much of a Pokémon game, and I think everyone involved with this movie made a blunder choosing it for adaptation over a more traditional live action Pokémon film

I seeeeriously doubt that as well, but who knows. Detective Pikachu is really not much of a Pokémon game, and I think everyone involved with this movie made a blunder choosing it for adaptation over a more traditional live action Pokémon film

Its the only real justification I can see for them switching courses this late in the game. I do doubt it changed all of a sudden to Pokémon and even if they did move to Pokémon, it would seem to pull away from the safari zone concept and more urban environment which a lot of people wouldn't be expecting.

As for the film, I think its smart because a smaller spinoff game being a disaster is way easier to forgive than creating a Super Mario bros 2.0 that's even worse because of how beloved Pokémon is.

I mean, isn't USJ basically guaranteed to get Pokemon as well? Maybe they're doing a bit of a criss-cross; Japan gets Mario first and Orlando gets Pokemon first, than they "gift" each other clones of the extra ones. It's a stretch but... anything's possible.

We've talked about this in person. I still don't buy it. :tongue:
I mean, isn't USJ basically guaranteed to get Pokemon as well? Maybe they're doing a bit of a criss-cross; Japan gets Mario first and Orlando gets Pokemon first, than they "gift" each other clones of the extra ones. It's a stretch but... anything's possible.

I couldn't tell you what Japan is getting. Hell, as of now I wouldn't call Pokémon for Orlando anything more than blue sky wishful thinking

Reactions: Mike S and Brian G.
I couldn't tell you what Japan is getting. Hell, as of now I wouldn't call Pokémon for Orlando anything more than blue sky wishful thinking
I mean, it's technically not guaranteed that Japan will get Pokemon but I don't think there's a timeline where Japan DOESN'T get a Pokemon area within the next 5-10 years. It could just be they're planning on bringing it sooner than we expect, to both Japan and Orlando. Idk, though. :shrug:

Reactions: Mike S

I always wanted Mario in park 3 because I thought they could make it bigger and better there. But if they built an exact clone of what is currently planned for kidzone in park 3, then I'd be really upset. Because then it would just be the same thing with only a longer wait.

Reactions: Grits0808
I doubt it. Illumination has Grinch and Cat in the Hat on the way.

Also, wasn't it mentioned that the Christmas Island concept for LC has that Grinch coaster when that was talked about slightly? I would think Seuss is timeless enough to keep, and that it'll be a nice element to expand on for the future Illumination films you mentioned.

Although, I would think that has to depend on Grinch's BO and reception; considering that it's one of those stories that in a way, is pure timeless.