Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Due to the need for a big draw, I think the only mistake would be putting Pokémon and SNW in EU.

I still say the whole right side of the park (Kidzone to MIB) should be themed to Japan. I forgot who originally mentioned it, but Pokémon, Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift, Godzilla all behind beautiful Japanese theming would be great. Hello Kitty isn’t my thing, but it would would help to have another dark ride with colorful characters on that side of the park.

I think Japan was an option but Pokemon is already too big and would take up too much space to justify any of the other IPs at this time. Also truthfully, the parks should not touch the F&F ip for the next five years. Additionally we have to think about HHN and if Pokemon Company is okay with Universal putting up houses in their area of the park...(likely answer is going to be no)

With ET likely staying and not going away, it already takes away from the footprint that is possible for that area as well. So the space gets I'm also assuming they want a large space where they could host potential Pokemon Go events that are isolated in a single area which means its going to require significant open space outside of queues and show buildings. I think people forget how problematic Pokemon GO is sometimes in creating congestion/people going to places they aren't supposed to go to. Only way for that to happen is with the new park.

Other point is expansion area, if Pokemon overperforms, logistically, we could end up seeing day one Hagrid's Motorbike level queues for three weeks. Those queues take a lot of walkway space. At least with the EU hub is massive enough where things like that wouldn't be an issue.

Small note: Wouldn't it be possible though to use SNW as a template, and block out the surroundings around it for the sake of Pokemon? If it'd follow a similar layout dicotamy, then the odds are that they can justifiably be able to separate and distinguish the area for UOR.

Keep Springfield/MIB for their own projects, just use Kidzone (sans ET as before). Heavily immerse people along the scale of Diagon, and I'd see not as much of an issue to Pokemon at USF when HHN goes on, in the same level as per how SNW would've likely of acted as.

Small note: Wouldn't it be possible though to use SNW as a template, and block out the surroundings around it for the sake of Pokemon? If it'd follow a similar layout dicotamy, then the odds are that they can justifiably be able to separate and distinguish the area for UOR.

Keep Springfield/MIB for their own projects, just use Kidzone (sans ET as before). Heavily immerse people along the scale of Diagon, and I'd see not as much of an issue to Pokemon at USF when HHN goes on, in the same level as per how SNW would've likely of acted as.
Diagon shows they aren't afraid to leave themed areas largely untouched for HHN, and besides the two warehouses (one of which would likely be removed for the expansion regardless), Kidzone has no zones/decor to speak of. They may have to move the New-Parade queue or a few food stands, but I don't think HHN would be totally disrupted by a Kidzone expansion.

Diagon shows they aren't afraid to leave themed areas largely untouched for HHN, and besides the two warehouses (one of which would likely be removed for the expansion regardless), Kidzone has no zones/decor to speak of. They may have to move the New-Parade queue or a few food stands, but I don't think HHN would be totally disrupted by a Kidzone expansion.
There are other entrance points that could be used. The Esoteric Gate in Hollywood would be a long walk, but would work as a clean way of getting people to the new parade building. The New Parade Building could then use the exit that Sprung tents 1 & 2 use.

I think Japan was an option but Pokemon is already too big and would take up too much space to justify any of the other IPs at this time. Also truthfully, the parks should not touch the F&F ip for the next five years. Additionally we have to think about HHN and if Pokemon Company is okay with Universal putting up houses in their area of the park...(likely answer is going to be no)
Universal can use backstage areas at their discretion, regardless of IP-holder concerns or not. The only things IP holders can prevent are an unapproved modification of trademarked visuals in the park or an unapproved usage of characters in an alternate environment. Universal could put a house right behind Gringott’s that queues through Ollevander’s and, as long as it did not altar any visuals in Diagon or use HP characters, WB/Jo wouldn’t have much say at all.

It doesn’t really matter what goes into KidZone; Apart from losing B79, it won’t really modify HHN much. Even Seuss Landing, which is the only known spot that was not authorized for HHN, queued multiple houses.

Universal can use backstage areas at their discretion, regardless of IP-holder concerns or not. The only things IP holders can prevent are an unapproved modification of trademarked visuals in the park or an unapproved usage of characters in an alternate environment. Universal could put a house right behind Gringott’s that queues through Ollevander’s and, as long as it did not altar any visuals in Diagon or use HP characters, WB/Jo wouldn’t have much say at all.

It doesn’t really matter what goes into KidZone; Apart from losing B79, it won’t really modify HHN much. Even Seuss Landing, which is the only known spot that was not authorized for HHN, queued multiple houses.

To your point, the only way to reach The Haunting of Hill House and Pandora's Box in Hollywood's 2021 event was through the backstage gate next to Hogwarts. You literally had to go through Hogsmeade and circle the Forbidden Journey show building, warts and all, to reach marquee attractions.

Mind you, they did alter some of the Wizarding World visuals, but those were already approved for the planned-and-scrapped Death Eaters element.

With ET likely staying and not going away, it already takes away from the footprint that is possible for that area as well. So the space gets I'm also assuming they want a large space where they could host potential Pokemon Go events that are isolated in a single area which means its going to require significant open space outside of queues and show buildings. I think people forget how problematic Pokemon GO is sometimes in creating congestion/people going to places they aren't supposed to go to. Only way for that to happen is with the new park.

Other point is expansion area, if Pokemon overperforms, logistically, we could end up seeing day one Hagrid's Motorbike level queues for three weeks. Those queues take a lot of walkway space. At least with the EU hub is massive enough where things like that wouldn't be an issue.

Understood. The general concept was that Pokémon would be in Kidzone. With Simpsons, back corner of the park, and possibly MIB being replaced with the other three properties. I agree that Pokémon should be a larger anchor land, but the other three do not have what it takes to anchor a full land. Thus a NY style land to hold separate, disparate rides under the Tokyo/Japan theme.

Additionally we have to think about HHN and if Pokemon Company is okay with Universal putting up houses in their area of the park...(likely answer is going to be no)
There are parts of Pokémon that allude to some dark themes and are portrayed in both the games and show, like Cubone's commonly known description (When the memory of its departed mother brings it to tears, its cries echo mournfully within the skull it wears on its head.) or the more scary description of Drifloon from one of the games (Stories go that it grabs the hands of small children and drags them away to the afterlife. It dislikes heavy children.), or just think of Yamask (It wanders through ruins by night, carrying a mask that’s said to have been the face it had when it was still human.).

If they were to cross off HHN use I would hope they would be okay with alternatively using the ghost types for a special haunted version/overlay of the land or within an attraction during the haunting season. There is plenty to work with there and we as guests would get both HHN and a special event within the Pokémon area.

Sadly I don't think I'll ever get to see a HHN-quality, Pokémon-themed haunted house where they really lean in on implications of those darker themes. Might be a bit much for the little ones. :(

Sounds like good concepts all around to me, especially for Orlando. I’d prefer the dark ride and show if at USF, and the coaster it it’s at Epic Universe. Hopefully we can somehow get both.

Where would people like to see Pokémon at UOR?

I liked everything besides the snap safari (they could've done something a lot bigger and better than an omnimover for that)...

I mentioned this in the past, but give me a Pokémon land with the layout of SNW (And I think this unironically).

Have Snap be an expanded Yoshi's Adventure, a family omnimover going around the entire area as opposed towards just the initial bit, a simulator based off the flying taxis from Sword/Shield, and a full Rise level E-Ticket celebrating trainers and Pokémon from multiple gens. You don't even need a coaster, just make the land accessible to mostly everyone. Might seem odd to push Snap to the side, but I am of the mindset that I do not see it justifying the need to be an E-Ticket that is Mario Kart.

Let the main generations take the spotlight, is of my view.

Last edited:
KidZone makes way too much sense, but idk anymore though since SLoP not coming to the Shrek plot could mean they plan to put it there now. I'm pretty disappointed because it made way too much sense to retheme the entrance area to the illumination courtyard with SLoP, then put Pokemon in at KidZone.
A 3rd theme park with even more future potential expansion I think complicates things, they can’t send all their good ideas just to fix USF immediately.

Something bigger intensity-wise or in scale?

I think a Pokemon ride needs to be tame in intensity.
Scale wise and and even show room intensity not ride vehicle.

Intensity doesn't always mean ride vehicle jerking you around....additionally as much focus is on cute and cuddly Pokemon some pokemon are not kind and nice and are very dangerous so realistic there should be some level of threat.