Nintendo Switch | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Metroid Prime in ANY capacity would make this a great presentation for me.

If we see a full reveal of Prime 4 and then the Panthers win the Stanley Cup later this could easily be up there as one of the best days of my life lol

As with any Direct, keep thy expectations low. With no talk of Switch 2 this direct is probably gonna' be more weird with the last games and I'm honestly fine with that. There could be at least one showstopper, but even that is not a guarantee. MP4 would absolutely fit the showstopper route, but I feel that is absolutely bound for Switch 2 since let's face it, that's got a lot of hype and that would make for an easy sell for Switch 2.

As with any Direct, keep thy expectations low. With no talk of Switch 2 this direct is probably gonna' be more weird with the last games and I'm honestly fine with that. There could be at least one showstopper, but even that is not a guarantee. MP4 would absolutely fit the showstopper route, but I feel that is absolutely bound for Switch 2 since let's face it, that's got a lot of hype and that would make for an easy sell for Switch 2.
When I said “Metroid Prime in ANY capacity” I was including Prime 2/3 Remastered.

Regarding Prime 4 there’s only two possibilities and I’m fine with both: it’s shown here and is the last hurrah of the Switch or it’s not shown thus unofficially confirming its status as a Switch 2 game. I’d actually prefer the second scenario though I’d still be ecstatic to see it for the Switch.

Reactions: Tobias
Metroid looks awesome, the new Mario and Luigi RPG looks great too. Still baffled that there was no mention of Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, unless they’re saving those for Switch 2. Overall solid direct

Reactions: Mike S
Have to say I lost interest in the Zelda game when I saw the “combat.” I thought at first she’d use magic attacks but nope, weird puzzly Minecraft shenanigans (I’m starting to think this might be why I fell off of TotK). If I was making a Zelda focused game you’d switch between Zelda and Sheik. Zelda for magic, Sheik for melee and stealth. Or maybe just playing as Sheik to make the story consistent with the fact she’s supposed to be hiding from Ganondorf. It would be set during the 7 years Link was sealed in the Sacred Realm during OoT.

Have to say I lost interest in the Zelda game when I saw the “combat.” I thought at first she’d use magic attacks but nope, weird puzzly Minecraft shenanigans (I’m starting to think this might be why I fell off of TotK). If I was making a Zelda focused game you’d switch between Zelda and Sheik. Zelda for magic, Sheik for melee and stealth. Or maybe just playing as Sheik to make the story consistent with the fact she’s supposed to be hiding from Ganondorf. It would be set during the 7 years Link was sealed in the Sacred Realm during OoT.
Same here. At first I was excited because I saw Link and pig ganon and thought we were getting a LTTP remake. Who knows, maybe she can use the wand for combat? The fun of Zelda is being able to bash and slash enemies alongside the puzzle solving, and this game looks like all you can do is ‘trick’ enemies rather than attack them, and that looks like a waste. I agree that the best case-scenario for a Zelda-centric game would be during the OoT era when Link was sealed. I’m happy because the map looks like we’re revisiting the LTTP era, but they should’ve showcased at least a little bit of combat if there is any. Heck, even in the CDI games you were able to engage in combat as Zelda

Reactions: Mike S
Went in with low expectations, and I ended up very pleasantly surprised! Well done, Nintendo!

MP4 looks great, a new Mario & Luigi was an even bigger surprise for me (and a most welcome one!), always happy to get a new MP, too! MvC making a return (especially MvC 2) is fantastic as well.

And then there's the showstopper for me. Being an Ace Attorney fan, I almost screamed in the bathroom at work with the announcement of the Ace Attorney Investigations collection! Now I will be upfront, the first game is generally regarded as one of the weaker (if not the weakest) game in the series, which I do agree with even though I personally had fun playing it.

The hype is all about AAI 2: Prosecutor's Gambit, as it's been the only AA game that has yet to receive an official translation/localization. (And it's been out since 2011 and didn't get a fan translation till 2014.) It's always been lamented in the fandom since the 2nd game is not only a major improvement over the first, but it's often praised as one of the best games in the entire AA series! For me, it's right behind The Great Ace Attorney as my favorite, and I'm super excited that more folks will be able to finally play it!

They gotta be working on an Ace Attorney 7 at this point, the buildup is absurd.

One's gotta think at this point there's no-where else to go, but silly you you are forgetting the most important of Ace Attorney games left to port: PROFESSOR LAYTON VS. PHOENIX WRIGHT!
blXsFJ.gif

Investigations 2 being ported and localized is a massive deal too; and I love the choice in remaking the game's art style to have it up to date. I wouldn't mind actually seeing AA7 with the visual style they're introducing here.

Metroid Prime in ANY capacity would make this a great presentation for me.

If we see a full reveal of Prime 4 and then the Panthers win the Stanley Cup later this could easily be up there as one of the best days of my life lol

For a direct that I had light expectations on; I oddly think this might've been one of the best directs they've ever done. It was an incredibly well rounded showcase of Nintendo Software; and focused on genres and areas that best works with Nintendo's demographics. Zelda in particular looks genuinely fantastic and I can see that selling like hotcakes.

Makes me incredibly interested with March 2025; as I wonder which of the two major-hitters, Prime 4 or Pokemon Legends Z; will be the major Cross-Gen title that showcases the next-gen hardware.

Makes me incredibly interested with March 2025; as I wonder which of the two major-hitters, Prime 4 or Pokemon Legends Z; will be the major Cross-Gen title that showcases the next-gen hardware.
Prime 4 will get a version, Pokémon will just be playable through backwards compatibility maybe with some simple performance improvements. Especially recently Game Freak isn’t known to care about tech and pushing the envelope whereas Retro Studios clearly does just by the look of this trailer.