Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo World Store Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2012
An outlet is reporting a rumor that Nintendo World Store is coming to CityWalk Hollywood with an announcement soon.

The time is now: Nintendo Hollywood (Nintendo Hollywood Store) is the story that Paul Gale Network first hinted at and is coming to Universal City Walk, California! — Paul Gale Network

I’m being told that November 16th (Mr. Miyamoto’s birthday and the original grand opening of The Pokémon Center) is when Nintendo will share the first video, featuring pictures of the store’s design.

Last edited by a moderator:
An outlet is reporting a Nintendo World Store is coming to CityWalk Hollywood with an announcement soon.

The time is now: Nintendo Hollywood (Nintendo Hollywood Store) is the story that Paul Gale Network first hinted at and is coming to Universal City Walk, California! — Paul Gale Network

[UPDATE: Source has been confirmed to be unreliable. I will keep this thread open for discussion.]

I’m just letting you know that I spoke with Brian Glenn (your Editor-in-Chief) and can confirm that this is a legitimate story.

Paul Gale Network got this news as an exclusive first and I am personally writing now to let you know that this is reliable. Thank you for sharing my article in the first place, though I would appreciate the part about the source being unreliable be removed as that comment does not accurately represent my site.

Now then, here is to all of us looking forward to the new store.

Last edited:
A full-fledged Nintendo Store ala' the one and only 30 Rock location, makes complete sense. It's an extremely easy and simple way to market a flagship IP, and it could help ease any merchandise concern for the Universal Studios Store CW local.

...however, I don't think it would be Saddle Ranch. If it was, I would assume Nintendo wouldn't be the big thing to talk about. And while it should be taken with a grain of salt, it'd explain a little something that came up a few months back.

A full-fledged Nintendo Store ala' the one and only 30 Rock location, makes complete sense. It's an extremely easy and simple way to market a flagship IP, and it could help ease any merchandise concern for the Universal Studios Store CW local.

...however, I don't think it would be Saddle Ranch. If it was, I would assume Nintendo wouldn't be the big thing to talk about. And while it should be taken with a grain of salt, it'd explain a little something that came up a few months back.

I’m happy that soon we’ll have so much Nintendo in SoCal. The theme park, the Hollywood store, and the presence of the new CGI Super Mario Bros. film. Pumped!

Just for clarification: I did not confirm it was a legitimate story; just Paul feels his sources are correct and should not be called unreliable. Until it's confirmed by Universal, it should be treated as any rumor we get, a rumor.

Totally understandable to take it as a rumor until Nintendo shows the concept images themselves. Thank you once again for replying to my e-mail earlier, too, and for engaging here in this thread.

I’m just letting you know that I spoke with Brian Glenn (your Editor-in-Chief) and can confirm that this is a legitimate story.

Paul Gale Network got this news as an exclusive first and I am personally writing now to let you know that this is reliable. Thank you for sharing my article in the first place, though I would appreciate the part about the source being unreliable be removed as that comment does not accurately represent my site.

Now then, here is to all of us looking forward to the new store.

Sure thing. Deleted the comment and quoted your info directly.

I would hope there’s one coming to Orlando too. November 16 is also when Nintendo and Netflix are allegedly announcing the Zelda series as well.

Would be nice to get a full fledged SNW announcement for USH and maybe a Pokemon for USF announcement that day too

That would actually make sense. It'd be a combo-punch of Third Party, if done correctly; and would even be an excuse to maybe shed light on a title for that Illumination film.

Nintendo at CityWalk Hollywood, would be huge. For the LA area, this may actually be very beneficial, as it could serve as a form of fan-hub for those wanting to watch Nintendo Directs, or professional events alongside major moments (such as a game launch, or E3). It'd be a win for Nintendo, especially on proximity, and a win for Universal; as it introduces the landmark IP in a large way.

I would hope there’s one coming to Orlando too. November 16 is also when Nintendo and Netflix are allegedly announcing the Zelda series as well.

Would be nice to get a full fledged SNW announcement for USH and maybe a Pokemon for USF announcement that day too

Hopefully that date sticks so people don’t have to wait too much longer. Also, if a Zelda series on Netflix would be as good as the Castlevania one, I would be very happy!

That would actually make sense. It'd be a combo-punch of Third Party, if done correctly; and would even be an excuse to maybe shed light on a title for that Illumination film.

Nintendo at CityWalk Hollywood, would be huge. For the LA area, this may actually be very beneficial, as it could serve as a form of fan-hub for those wanting to watch Nintendo Directs, or professional events alongside major moments (such as a game launch, or E3). It'd be a win for Nintendo, especially on proximity, and a win for Universal; as it introduces the landmark IP in a large way.

LA is also getting the new LA Rams stadium in 2020, which is going to be awesome. Plenty of knew coming in the near future! I will be at this Nintendo Hollywood store all the time!

I’ve been too the last 19 consecutive E3‘s, so anything videogame related in Los Angeles is OK by me.

Where in CityWalk would a Nintendo Store go? What would it replace? I'm thinking something towards the park entrance, maybe taking out Fossil and Zen Zone.

The final location has yet to be decided, but it’s a pretty good sized store from the concept images. Saddle Ranch is the current likelihood, which this would replace.

In the rumor, it was mentioned of the Saddle Ranch plot as a plausible location.

Yeah.

Plausible, sure, but that seems like a lot of space for a store that would be completely cut off from the rest of CityWalk.

It’s comparable to the Nintendo New York store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.