Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

No More Dishes at Florean Fortescue

Could be some "save the planet" thing.

That's my best bet.

I saw a response from Universal on the FB group that they do still have the paper cups, but only offer them if they are requested. Sounds like a push to upsell the souvenir cups, if so that's pretty petty on their part.

If that's the case, then it's a lie - I asked if they still have them and was told no.

I believe waffle cones were a dollar more than the now removed paper cup option and a couple dollars less than the souvenir cup.

Waffle cones are great, my only issue is in the Florida heat within a few minutes you’re holding a melting puddle of ice cream in your hands. Now if they had like a small indoor air conditioned area to sit and enjoy them I would probably go for the waffle cone more often.

Yep, the cones are/were a dollar more. I will note that I think they have a nicer paper wrap around the cones (the irony is not lost on that), so none of my party had sticky ice cream hands.

I'm just one person, but I doubt I'll frequent the ice cream store until they give dishes back. Even though they give you a wrap around the cone, the ice cream still melts rapidly in the Florida heat and it becomes a mess to eat unless you gobble it down quickly....and ...I never get anything in souvenir cups because I don't want to lug a cup around the park all day. That's a pain.....Hopefully there's a lot more people like me that just want to eat their ice cream relaxed, and their sales drop because of this....Probably some new manager somewhere in the system that spends too much time looking at computer spreadsheets, and has little common sense, that wants to make his mark at the expense of customers.

Sometimes massive complaints work......Kennywood Park was changing their traditional cheese sauce recipe on their amusement park famous "Potato Patch Fries". Word got out about it a few days ago. Massive email and letter complaints followed. Today Kennywood backed down and said they would go back to their traditional cheese sauce recipe.......Now, if only enough people would complain about the lack of ice cream cups and/or quit purchasing....maybe Universal will reverse this 'stupid' policy.

Sometimes massive complaints work......Kennywood Park was changing their traditional cheese sauce recipe on their amusement park famous "Potato Patch Fries". Word got out about it a few days ago. Massive email and letter complaints followed. Today Kennywood backed down and said they would go back to their traditional cheese sauce recipe.......Now, if only enough people would complain about the lack of ice cream cups and/or quit purchasing....maybe Universal will reverse this 'stupid' policy.

I feel like whenever I go in, I'm one of the few that get a dish rather than a cone, so I'd imagine it'll be hard to stir up enough of an uproar.

Now, if I set up bots on Twitter...

Just got to be willing to go in there and if they say no, walk out without buying anything. They need to know you wont cave. And if they change their mind as you walk out ask why they said no in the first place.
I'm half tempted to just order cones going forward and then ask for a cup at the register and if they say no just walk out and let them throw it away.

I'm half tempted to just order cones going forward and then ask for a cup at the register and if they say no just walk out and let them throw it away.
I think there is a way to get them the message and not be overzealous. Maybe you could pull that off once and play it as you like the cone but not the pressure of eating it fast. But multiple time and they will replace Sirius' image with you on all the papers.

Just got to be willing to go in there and if they say no, walk out without buying anything. They need to know you wont cave. And if they change their mind as you walk out ask why they said no in the first place.

Expecting a front line employee who have to eat crap from rude customers all day to care if you walk out without getting something may be a bit optimistic.

Expecting a front line employee who have to eat crap from rude customers all day to care if you walk out without getting something may be a bit optimistic.
My point is that nothing will happen if you do nothing. At the very least they may mention it to their manager and take note that it is something that the customer wants. If you just say shucks, I guess I'll take the plastic cup, that's what they wanted and reinforces it.

I wasn't even aware the Kennywood fries were anything but the standard wiz.

I absolutely hate the shady forced souvenir cup BS. They automatically try to pour you one at HHN so you have to refuse upfront.

If they didn't care about the amount of complaints that came from charging for the lockers or taking away the water from the freestyle machines in the middle of summer, I highly doubt standing up and demanding ice cream dishes is going to have much of an impact.

That was so shocking to me when it happened. It’s absolutely ridiculous they want to sell you a wand but won’t let you ride MiB without forking over another $2.
It’s the most six flags move possible. Not the move of a world class theme park resort.

Sorry... still a sore subject for me. :)
Its ok, I'm still sore from when they started charging for the JP and Dudley lockers!!!! >:O :enrage: