Oogie Boogie Bash | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Oogie Boogie Bash

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am goi g to Oogie Boogie Bash for the first time ever on Sep 24th! I’m stoked! Finally have some friends to go with. Anybody have any recommendations on how to approach the event or what I should do? Going in almost blind since I’ve never been and haven’t really done much research on the event.

I am goi g to Oogie Boogie Bash for the first time ever on Sep 24th! I’m stoked! Finally have some friends to go with. Anybody have any recommendations on how to approach the event or what I should do? Going in almost blind since I’ve never been and haven’t really done much research on the event.
The only thing I know for sure is Hit Villains Grove during the either parade

Also if your seeing the Parade the second one is less crowded

I also heard that the event hard stops at 11 PM for trails. Like even if your in line I hear if its big they will just clear it out, but others would need to comment on this last one being true or not

This is a pretty good video of the event

Looks like Villains Grove now opens at 8 PM. So you can still see the first parade and get on this pretty quickly if you really want

Reactions: jarmor
I am going to Oogie Boogie Bash for the first time ever on Sep 24th! I’m stoked! Finally have some friends to go with. Anybody have any recommendations on how to approach the event or what I should do? Going in almost blind since I’ve never been and haven’t really done much research on the event.
I went the first year (2019)... no desire to go again :lol: I'm jaded, but you've been doing HHN for years, you should be fine going in blind. Here's what I can offer though:

Early entry check-in 3pm. Take advantage!!!
Event starts at 6pm & ends 11pm. ONLY 5hrs

Designate more time to getting the character photo-ops. Lines get long, especially for KingDom Hearts trio. Also some characters tend to share locations, so you might be in line for ____, but end up getting ____.

The other characters are found in the "treat trails", but they exist only for Disney to create hype. They're not "photo-op" characters & are on stages/platforms. Only downside.

They'll give you a "treat bag" for the treat trails, but you're better off buying that big vinyl tote bag they sell. You're going to end up with an obscene amount of candy!

Mickeys Halloween show is cute (might be able to see this during the 3-6pm time slot).

Parade is fun, watch it.
If you find a spot near a popular character photo-op (kingdom hearts?) on the parade route, take that spot so after the parade you can be one of the first in line. Or a spot that allows you to zip over to Villains Grove after the parade & enter without a wait.

Villains Grove is overrated hype. Not something Disney should be praised for. Its just redwood creek with xmas lights, fog & projections. Definitely try to hit it when there is no line.

Skip the rides except: Guardians, Mators, Luigis(?) since they've got the Halloween overlay!

Don't forget the themed spooky noms, especially if they're event exclusive.

Reactions: Freak and jarmor