OPINION: The History and Value of Live Show Entertainment at Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal Forums

OPINION: The History and Value of Live Show Entertainment at Universal Studios Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Studios Hollywood has been welcoming guests onto its property since 1964, and live show entertainment has been an integral part of the park developing into the "Entertainment Capital of LA"

Happy to see @Jonathan back at it again with more material for IU--and I think the topic he dives into is a major one that has been long due to be talked about. It's something I am genuinely hoping gains more traction; especially due to the history of the park in light and with entertainment.

Honestly hoping when we get the hotel project, entertainment is a critical element that comes into play with CityWalk. USH will need to reinvigorate Citywalk's nightlife if they're gonna keep guests consistent with the hotel--and having venues like the Howl @ The Moon back in some fashion, a mini-concert venue attached to the hotel; or just rolling out a summer concert program for CityWalk could do some real good.

Happy to see @Jonathan back at it again with more material for IU--and I think the topic he dives into is a major one that has been long due to be talked about. It's something I am genuinely hoping gains more traction; especially due to the history of the park in light and with entertainment.

Honestly hoping when we get the hotel project, entertainment is a critical element that comes into play with CityWalk. USH will need to reinvigorate Citywalk's nightlife if they're gonna keep guests consistent with the hotel--and having venues like the Howl @ The Moon back in some fashion, a mini-concert venue attached to the hotel; or just rolling out a summer concert program for CityWalk could do some real good.
The prices of alcohol and the lack of a more hangout atmosphere is why the nightlife is non existent, I think by design too.

Excellent article. Good entertainment shows are primary in elevating Universal & Disney past the regional parks. It's nice to be able to slow down, sit, and enjoy a show that's longer than a four minute ride. The shows establish a satisfying relaxing ambiance. It's a shame that Universal management has retreated from live entertainment offerings at both Hollywood and Orlando. The parks just don't seem as balanced, or as satisfying as they once were. It's the dark side of those 'Efficiency Committees'.

Reactions: Jonathan