Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Orlando Polar Bear Plunge 2012

SeventyOne

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Now that Orlando is transitioning from Halloween to Christmas (all the Publixes are already decorated!), I figured I would give this event a plug. Been the past two years now, the proceeds go to charity, and it's just a ton of fun.

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-palms/christmas-in-orlando/ice-experience/polar-bear-club.html

The concept is simple--run though the Ice exhibit at Gaylord Palms wearing only a bathing suit. Your ticket is also good to go back through and enjoy the exhibit later in the day fully clothed. There's coffee and hot chocolate and pastries before the run, starts at around 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 1. No better way to kick off the holiday season in this town.

i thought the polar plunge is when they ice the wave pool at aquatica?

Different event, but yeah, that's a thing, too--in February, as I recall. I think this one's a little less crazy but why not try both? All for charity, so good karma bound to come your way.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seriously considering doing this. :yikes:

I can't get across how much fun it is--also, it's the cheapest way to see Ice by a couple bucks.

From last years craziness:

379970_10150496572743792_44443008791_10642943_580148696_n.jpg