Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Other Hotels

Feb 1, 2008
South FL
I haven't stayed much outside of the World or UO, but when I go in April, my school will be staying at the Embassy Suites, which are (by my standards at least) uniformly decent... except for those horrible couch beds *shudders*. Any good Orlando hotels?

I can't remember exactly what its called...Plaza Royal or Royal Plaza...something like that, but its across from Downtown Disney. That was a really nice hotel and the bathtub was huge. :happy:

I vary were I stay. I like the Microtel's Nothing fancy good beds. I found a good and new Motel 6 behind were Skull Kingdom was.
As long is the hotel is safe, and has a King Size bed I have few problems.

I own a time share In Kissimmee so I am good for a week every October.

I vary were I stay. I like the Microtel's Nothing fancy good beds. I found a good and new Motel 6 behind were Skull Kingdom was.
As long is the hotel is safe, and has a King Size bed I have few problems.

I own a time share In Kissimmee so I am good for a week every October.

Westgate?

We have one there, it's literally a minute from WDW.

I remember my kingdom as a little tyke was Holiday Inn Sunspree, now thats a hotel

I remember staying at that one Holiday Inn right by Universal the one dead beside TGI Fridays. I also remember staying at a much more extravagant Holiday Inn that had a futon, a kitchen, bedroom, and living room.

If you're willing to spend a few bucks, I have some recommendations. I am very picky about my hotels, so no Holiday Inns, Microtels, Days Inns, etc for me.

For a real treat, stay at Portofino, one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I've ever seen. The service is wonderful, and it's right there on sight, but far enough away to be quiet and secluded.

The JW Marriott Grande Lakes is indeed grand. The first time we stayed we were upgraded to a junior suite, which was bigger than my friend's apartment. Beautiful bathroom, and some really great views. They have awesome food, make sure to try Primo for a bit of a splurge. The breakfast buffet at Citron is wonderful.

Any Residence Inn, Courtyard, or Springhill Suites is nice as well. Residence Inns and Springhill Suites have an added bonus of free breakfast, with fridges in the rooms. That can be a real money-saver.

If you want a really nice hotel and don't mind staying a bit farther out, one of our favorites when we lived in Lake Worth was the Marriott Orlando Downtown. Very nice rooms, and if you can get a corner room, they're huge. Great service, and if you are a Marriott Elite Rewards member, breakfast is free. You do have to pay for valet parking. The great thing about this place is, because it is a business hotel, weekend rates are sometimes under $100 a night. And you're right downtown.

I recently saw the rooms at the Doubletree Universal while getting conference bids. The rooms are huge, beautiful, with great views of Universal if you face that way. You can walk to the park, or take the free shuttle, and you get warm chocolate chip cookies upon check-in.

The International Plaza (formerly Sheraton World) on Westwood Drive, across from Aquatica and Sea World, recently redid their old, motel-style rooms (outside entrance instead of an interior hallway) and let me tell you, one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen, very modern, large, with a microwave and fridge. If you stay there, make sure you specify you want a new room, not a tower room. The tower rooms probably won't be redone for a year or two, and be warned that the lobby and convention areas are undergoing extensive renovations.

The Rosen Plaza is also nice, and the Hilton WDW is great too, and they both have 24 hr "convenience" stores, where you can get booze, a sandwich, a snack, or drinks.

The hotels are so expensive… I think we usually stay at a Baymont across the street from Universal, but I’m not positive. I really want to stay at the Nick Hotel, but it’s so expensive…I could stay almost a week somewhere else for the price of one night… :'(

The hotels are so expensive… I think we usually stay at a Baymont across the street from Universal, but I’m not positive. I really want to stay at the Nick Hotel, but it’s so expensive…I could stay almost a week somewhere else for the price of one night… :'(

Ah same here, everytime we drive by it my little one begs to go there...
sooo dang pricey though. Ugh.

Ah same here, everytime we drive by it my little one begs to go there...
sooo dang pricey though. Ugh.

I know Lex was begging me to stay there in April, but 3 days in a decent size room was around $900.00.. I guess only rich parents get to take their kids…I had to tell Lex that the hotel was closed for repairs in April….Oh well…

I thought it was Matt.

You confusing me with Matt. :doh:

:lol:

Yea that was me with Erik. While he was taking pics to put on TPA, Nick Security stopped him and asked to look through all the pictures on his camera. The funny thing is Erik had a press pass on him for IAAPA and showed them a business card and they looked at him like it was fake.

It is a nice hotel, but too pricey. It's a All-Star resort with Nick Characters basically. So for the same atmosphere and at a cheaper price, head to Disney.